Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Chick Chat: Ally Carter

Is being an author what you expected?
The highs are higher and the lows are lower.

What do you like best about being an author?
I’d have to say being able to work in my pajamas and meeting fans.

What was your road to publishing like?
My road to publishing was pretty typical. I wrote a book, shopped around for an agent, was accepted by one and began rewriting the story. While I was rewriting the book I came up with a new story and that was the one that sold.

How has your family contributed to your writing?
My family has contributed a lot. My mother was an English teacher so she began teaching me literature in the cradle. My dad was a farmer so he taught me to work hard. When you combine the two you get a writer.

What advice would you give to writing teens?
Just write. Don’t worry about getting published. Work on finding yourself, because you need to find yourself before you can become a great writer.

When can readers expect GG3 in stores?
June 9, 2009

What inspired you to write the Gallagher Girls series?
I was watching a rerun of Alias. It was a flashback episode to when Sydney Bristol’s little sister was in school and the first thing I thought was, did she go to a boarding school for spies? I turned up the volume and no that wasn’t it, but I already had the idea in my head. I sent it to my agent and Gallagher Girls was born.

Now I know that you are writing another series. What is it about?
It’s about a girl who was raised in a family of conmen and thieves. When she’s older she decides that she wants to leave all of it behind, but every time she tries to leave they suck her back in. Imagine if Julia Roberts and George Clooney from Oceans Eleven had a fifteen year old daughter.


Thank you Ally for the wonderful interview! It was great meeting you!

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture!

    I adored Love you, Kill you. Great interview!

    Mandy
    www.mandyhubbard.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun spy series? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cool that you got Ally Carter on your site! i'm jealous. I love the Gallagher Girls books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gallagher Girls books is an awesome one. Your very cool Ally. Thanks for this.

    Camille Jude
    Boarding Schools

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your spy book series!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally heart your Gallagher Academy series!!! Oh...by the way, are you going to write another book after the lask one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutly LOVED all of the Gallagher Girl Books and I am looking forward to readeing the other books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...