Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren. The basic idea is that everyone does a weekly post about what books they received that week.

The Rule of Won by Stefan Petrucha

"The secret of The Rule of Won is simple, yet its power has been suppressed for generations. The universe is one of infinite abundance—ask, and you shall receive.
Umm, yeah right. Meet Caleb Dunne, slacker extraordinaire. Caleb prefers to glide through life with the minimal amount of effort, so he isn’t too jazzed when his overachieving girlfriend, Vicky, convinces him to join a new school club based on a controversial book, The Rule of Won. Slackers don’t join school clubs, do they? As The Rule gains popularity, though, the club members start to gain power within the school. From dark posts on the club’s online message board to all-out threats in the hallways, it becomes apparent that the group is getting out of control. For slacker Caleb, though, the only thing worse than doing something is not doing something."
I'd never heard of this book before author, Stefan Petrucha, contacted me to review it. But after reading some of the other reviews on the Internet I have to say, I'm really interested. The concept is fantastic and I'm sure the book will be too.

Teen Inc. by Stefan Petrucha

"Legally, a corporation is a person, so why shouldn’t they be able to adopt a child? Fourteen year old Jaiden’s family is a corporation and his home is an office building. When his parents are killed in an accident caused by a faulty piece of equipment manufactured by NECorp, the company adopts him and raises him in its headquarters. Now as a teenager, Jaiden, is longing for a normal life—attending high school, living in a house, having a girlfriend—and is starting to rebel in search of it. With the help of his new friend, Jenny, he uncovers some disturbing and scandalous information about NECorp and must make the tough decision to stay loyal to his “family” or to follow his instincts."

When this book first came out I was excited to read it. With my long list of books to be read though I never got a chance to. Petrucha was nice enough to send me a copy of Teen Inc. along with The Rule of Won.

Authors and publishers if you're interested in having me review a book of yours feel free to send an email to ChickLitTeens@gmail.com. I will happily accept ARCs.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of The Rule of Won by Stefan Petrucha but it does sound really interesting!

    I'll have to add it to my ever-growing to-read-list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...