Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Friday, November 14, 2008

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover...Or Can You?

This is a new weekly meme for the blog, each week I will be featuring one (or two, possibly three) covers for upcoming books. This week's title(s) are:

Betraying Season

This is one of my most anticipated releases of 2009. This sequel to Bewitching Season focuses on Pen rather than Persy. Considering how great Bewitching Season was, Betraying Season is sure to be a hit.

Synopsis (courtesy of Amazon.com):
Penelope (Pen) Leland has come to Ireland to study magic and prove to herself that she is as good a witch as her twin sister, Persy. But when the dashing Niall Keating begins to pay her court, she can’t help being distracted from her studies. Little does Pen know, Niall is acting upon orders from his sorceress mother. And although it starts as a sham, Niall actually falls deeply in love with Pen, and she with him. But even if he halts his mother’s evil plan, will Pen be able to forgive him for trying to seduce her into a plot? And what of Pen’s magic, which seems to be increasingly powerful?

Cover:
I'm completely in love with this cover! It is, by far, my favorite of the two. The dress is so pretty and the contrast between her purple sash and the green background is eye catching. It is both flirtatious and mysterious, much like the book promises to be.


Prada and Prejudice

I first heard about Prada and Prejudice early in June when stumbled across Many Hubbard's LiveJournal. When she told me about P&P I was completely amazed, the story sounds AMAZING! It has been awhile since I've seen such a fresh blend of the modern world and Jane Austen. I can't wait to read this book.

Synopsis (courtesy of AmandaHubbard.com):
Callie falls head over heels—literally…
and wakes up in Austen-Era England !
Fifteen-year-old Callie buys a pair of real Prada pumps to impress the cool crowd on a school trip to London . Goodbye, Callie the clumsy geek-girl, hello popularity! But before she knows what’s hit her, Callie wobbles, trips, conks her head… and wakes up in the year 1815!
She stumbles about until she meets the kind-hearted Emily, who takes Callie in, mistaking her for a long-lost friend. Sparks soon fly between Callie and Emily’s cousin, Alex, the maddeningly handsome—though totally arrogant—Duke of Harksbury. Too bad he seems to have something sinister up his ruffled sleeve…
From face-planting off velvet piano benches and hiding behind claw-foot couches to streaking through the estate halls wearing nothing but an itchy blanket, Callie’s curiosity about Alex creates all kinds of trouble.
But the grandfather clock is ticking on her 19th Century shenanigans. Can Callie save Emily from a dire engagement, win a kiss from Alex, and prove to herself that she’s more than just a loud-mouth klutz before her time there is up?

Cover:
This cover captures the essence of the book so well. I love the swirls on the cover and haphazzard tea cup. It blends the modern world (her jeans and heels) with the Regency period (the tea cup).

8 comments:

  1. i love LOVE the cover for Betraying Season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these covers, and I'm looking forward to these books SO much. I can't believe they're making us wait until June for Betraying Season. Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of Austen and I am looking forward to Prada and Predjudice! What an interesting title! Do you know when that is coming out?

    Betraying Season looks interesting too...I guess I have time to read it before it comes out then.

    In the meantime, check out BookWrites for some other books to read until you can get your hands on these.

    I look forward to checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Betraying Season cover! I can't wait to read it!

    +BookBegger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I totally missed this post last week. (Google Blogs, how you fail me!)

    FYI, I morphed from Amanda Hubbard to Mandy Hubbard this year. Partly beccuase someone else stole Amanda Hubbard and partly becuase my friends actually call me Mandy.

    Thanks for the shout out! I hope Razorbill sends (sent?) you a copy. :-)

    Also, FYI, it comes out June 11. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read both of these books so badly!!! I read Bewitching Season and it was so good! And Prada and Predjudice involves time travel, which I also love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, that sounds so cool!

    H&C,
    Tay-Toe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...