Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

In My Mailbox

This week I was luckily enough to receive two great ARCs.

Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
"For the past two years, Bailey Morgan has lived a double life: high school student by day, ancient mystical being by night. As the third Fate, Bailey literally controls the fate of the world, but as Plain Old Bailey, her life is falling apart. She’s got a tattoo that was supposed to be temporary (but isn’t), friendships that were supposed to last forever (but might not), and no idea what her future holds after high school graduation.Then Bailey meets the rest of the Sidhe, an ancient race defined by their power, beauty, and a sinister habit of getting what they want at any cost. Before Bailey knows it, she’s being drawn into an otherworldly web more complicated than anything she weaves as a mortal Fate."

This book was a total surprise. I knew I was getting something from Jennifer Lynn Barnes, I won a contest on her blog, but I had no idea it was going to be an ARC of Fate. When I read Tattoo I was blown away by the imaginative story line. Naturally when I heard about Fate, the sequel to Tattoo, it became one of my most anticipated release of 2009.

Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag
"Pretty Little Liars meets My So-Called Life in this story of four American teens in Paris and the scandals that haunt each of them.
There’s rich New York girl Alex; Cali-born dancer Olivia; closeted Memphis boy Zack; and finally PJ, an elusive beauty from Vermont who’s hiding a dark past.
Studying abroad for their junior year of high school, they run wild in the Tuileries, hold clandestine parties in their host families’ luxe apartments, take over tiny crowded cafes and generally live the glamorous life.
But in the end they all must face the lies they’ve told and secrets they’ve kept when the unthinkable happens."

This was another surprise ARC. Coincidentally it came the same day as Fate. Can you say lucky day? I'd seen Beautiful Americans on a few other blogs, but I never knew much about it. The storyline looks interesting though and I'm looking forward to reading it.

6 comments:

  1. I loved Tattoo as well. Can't wait to hear what you think of Fate. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fate looks really cute. I'll have to look into the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Americans looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read beautiful americans. It looks good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week! can't wait to see what you think!

    and thanks for joining the '09 Debut Authors Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...