Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Lucky Canadians

The Heartland series by Lauren Brooke is one of my all time favorite series. They're the kind of books you can pick up at any time and fall in love with them all over again. I began reading them in fifth or sixth grade and have loved them ever since.
A few months ago when I was looking up the cover for the latest book, A Summer to Remember, for the blog I came across a picture of an actress riding a horse. The caption said the picture was of Amber Marshall who plays Amy on "Heartland". I was flabbergasted, how had I not known the books had been turned into a TV show? The answer? Canada! The show only runs in Canada!
I knew the episodes were probably on YouTube but I never got around to watching them. That is until over Thanksgiving break. I expected the show to kill the books, which most adaptions sadly do. But it didn't. In fact the changes only made the storyline better. It is one of my favorite shows of all time, right up there with "Gilmore Girls" and "Everwood." Which is where the title comes in. Canadians are so lucky to get to watch "Heartland"!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, never heard of Heartland. But I totally agree, Canadians usually get the best things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...