Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, January 12, 2009

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover...Or Can You?

Goose Girl, Enna Burning and River Secrets by Shannon Hale
My friend recommended Goose Girl for me a few years back and I absolutely loved it. Since then I've read the other two Books of Bayern, Enna Burning and River Secrets.

Covers: My copy of the books are the original covers and, at the time, I liked them a lot. The paintings are beautiful and reflects the traditional feel to the book, but with a modern flair, the orange and yellow color scheme.


Goose Girl, Enna Burning and River Secrets by Shannon Hale
Covers: As I said before I really liked the original cover, so when I heard they were remaking the books I was disappointed. However after seeing them I'm glad they redid the covers. The paintings were nice but the new cover art is a lot more eye catching and just as beautiful as the originals. They catch the spirit of the books so much better. My favorite of them all would have to be the Goose Girl cover though, the green ivy with Isi in the center, dressed in white, is breathtaking.

11 comments:

  1. If I just saw the cover designs, not knowing they were for the same books I would have thought the newer covers were for an older audience.

    I just books by their covers all the time :)

    http://lookatthatbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really like the new covers. I agree that they look like they're for older teens. And I definitely think Goose Girl is lovely. I'll have to look into these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often judge books by their covers. Or at least, I won't pick it up on my own if the cover isn't cool. I wouldn't have picked up the books with the older cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the first ones better, they just don't look as....cheap, I guess. I love Shannon Hale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first ones better too. I don't like covers that impose too much of the characters on you and the newer ones definitely do. And they sort of remind me of cheesy romance covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love book covers! It's always interesting to see the different cover designs for the same book, and sometimes they're not as pretty, but in this case, I think they are more youthful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know what to expect at all when I first read goose girl. I saw the original cover. I like that it was so abstract. As with all Hale's books as the book unfolds my imagination runs wild. A nice font with the title would have done it for me. The more detailed the picture I think takes away from the image the written story draws in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the 1st ones are way more better for the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the first one (in spanish) and I loved it :D I'm getting Enna Burning right now!
    :) Nice blog! I'll follow it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Goose Girl was thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enna Burning has a beautiful cover(the new cover I mean)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...