Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, March 16, 2009

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover... Or Can You?

When I created this post I had hoped for it to be weekly, but, as many of you know, I am not the best with punctuality. I will, however, continue to try to post new cover(s) weekly. This week I have the new cover for one of my favorite upcoming books:

** Spoilers if you've yet to read/ finish The Hunger Games**


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Let me just start with saying that I can not wait for Catching Fire's release. The first book was fantastic and this book sounds equally, if not more, great. I can't wait to see how Katniss handles her return to District 12 and the Capitols ever prying eyes watching her every move. How long til September?

Release: September 1, 2009

Synopsis: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Cover: How can a book cover be so seemingly bland and yet completely eye popping at the same time? I'd have to say that it's a combination of a few things. First of all, of course, the red background. It jumps out at you and immediately catches your attention, even though the cover isn't all that flashy. Second, there's the fact that the pin in the center that seems as if it's in fact on fire. And finally, it's the sequel to The Hunger Games!

Over all the book's cover isn't incredibly dynamic, it is actually rather plain, but it still is able to catch your attention and make you want to pick it up. Which is just what a cover is supposed to do.

2 comments:

  1. it seems really nice :) but also not published here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this book! I loved The Hunger Games and can't wait to find out what happens next. =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...