Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover... Or Can You?

I log onto Amazon.com today and, to my surprise, look what I see:
Sphinx's Princess by Esther Friesner
Release: September 22, 2009

My first thought was, "That looks just like one of the covers for Nobody's Princess or Nobody's Prize." And, after further inspection, I realized that the book, Sphinx's Princess, is in fact written by the same author, Esther Friesner.
I'm not exactly sure what the book is about, but I do know that it more than likely it is not related to Friesner's first two novels (as they were about Helen of Troy). However, it is safe to say that the book is about an Egyptian princess. (Cleopatra perhaps?)
No matter what it's about, I'm extremely excited for this book to be released. I absolutely loved Friesner's first book, Nobody's Princess. She told Helen's history with such detail and imagination that it was hard not to get swept up into her world. Once I started reading I was hooked and the book didn't leave my hands until I finished it. Sphinx's Princess is sure to be equally amazing.

8 comments:

  1. I just saw this around yesterday as well, and I couldn't be more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhahaa, I alway judge a book by its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!! I love her 2 other books, and I couldn't find any info on whether she was planning on anymore books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover,looks interisting, can't wait to read it! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover,looks interisting, can't wait to read it! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never actually read the other 2 books but I just might have to pick them up. I also saw this book on another blog and it caught my eye. I love anything historical so I will have to be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed this book on Amazon as well. I wonder which Egyptian princess it is about!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...