Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Script Frenzy

Amidst my spring vacationing I completely forgot about the start of Script Frenzy. Script Frenzy is run by the same people who host NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which runs every November and is a load of fun and writing craziness. During Script Frenzy participants write a 100 page original script ( TV, movie, story collection...) in 30 days.

I've never given much thought to writing a script, or even considered it for that matter, but I enjoyed NaNoWriMo so much in November that I decided to give Script Frenzy a try. Writing a screenplay is a big change from writing a novel, but the challenge of telling an entire story through dialogue is one that I'm excited to take on. In addition to the thrill of trying something new I'm hoping that Script Frenzy will serve as a good exercise that will, hopefully, improve my writing.

If you too are interested in trying your hand at writing a script you can sign up for Script Frenzy here as well as learn more about the event. And don't worry about starting late in the game, as I mentioned before, I'm just starting my script this week.
Happy Frenzy!


2 comments:

  1. That's so cool. I think I'll participate in it next year. Right now I don't have the time. I'm planning to participate in National Novel Writing Month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading and I love plays and movies but I don't know if I am talented enough to write a script. I might give it a try though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...