Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Friday, May 22, 2009

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover... Or Can You?

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz


Even with the first novel in this series, Deadly Little Secrets, being a little...shall we say, chilling, I'm super excited for this novel. Deadly Little Secrets got really interesting at the end and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Ben and Camelia, especially with the new twist, Adam.


Release: November 24, 2009

Synopsis: Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, a new boy at school who had a very mysterious gift – psychometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry and experiencing strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow been transferred to her.
Ben returns to school, but he remains aloof, and Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Camelia makes the painful decision to let him go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at Knead, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events uncovers secrets from Ben’s past – and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it's up to Camelia to figure out who – before it's too late.



Cover: I have to say I REALLY am liking this cover. The cover for Deadly Little Secrets wasn't all that great, the blues and grays made it seem a little washed out. It wasn't the sort of cover that made you want to pick it up. However, this cover, while still a little dreary, is far more striking. It reminds me a bit of the cover for Oblivion Road, another cover I'm fond of. The snowy landscape and crescent moon give the book and eerie appearance. Also, the red umbrella provides great contrast and catches the eye. I can't find anything about this cover I dislike, definitely a favorite.

2 comments:

  1. I just got Deadly Little Lies in the mail today and I cannot wait to read it. I really like the cover too. I also like the cover for Oblivion Road. I have yet to read it but it looks a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually really excited about this book release! And I agree. Deadly Little Lies' cover is much better then Secret's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...