Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Wordplay with Ally Carter

Where was I Sunday? Hanging with Ally Carter of course!

The wonderful people at Books Inc. in San Francisco hosted a Wordplay event with Ally Carter, author of the New York Times Best-seller I'd Tell you I Love you, But then I'd have to Kill you. The event, A Movie-Lover's Guide to Writing Novels, was all about how the tricks from the big screen can be adapted to novel writing. And let me just say that it was a fantastic workshop. Not only did I learn a lot about movies and writing screen plays, but I also learned a lot about Ally's work before she began writing novels and some awesome tips on how to better my writing. PLUS I got some insider information about the upcoming Gallagher Girls novels (like the ending scene of book 4) and her newest project, Kat/ Heist (which I now know the premise, title and some of the plot of). I'd love to tell you everything...but then I'd have to kill you.

I hope you all had an awesome weekend and, those of you who are lucky enough to be out of school already, are enjoying the summer.

P.S. Don't forget, Ally's newest novel in the Gallagher Girls series, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, will be released tomorrow, June 9.

7 comments:

  1. OMG I love that store! How come I didn't know that Ally Carter was there? Geez, I could've met both of you, that's really close to where I live!!

    -- Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to go to the Sarah Dessen event there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo cool you got to go to a workshop with Ally Carter!! That'd be such an amazing thing to go to! I can't wait til she comes to Chicago, and I get to go to the signing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky are you??? The Gallagher Girls books are all on my keeper shelf. Book 3 is on its way to my doorstep today. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cant wait for the 4th book and heist.. ♥ her books soooooo much

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...