Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover... Or Can You?

I wasn't planning on doing a You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover...Or Can You? (which reminds me, I'm taking suggestions for a new title because that is way too long) this week , but I saw this cover on Amazon.com and I had to post it so I'm putting together in impromptu post.


In case you didn't know, I love Shakespeare. And a great deal of that is because of Lisa Klein's Ophelia. I hadn't really developed an interest in Shakespeare, or literature in general for that matter, until I read Ophelia. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to read Hamlet and my love of literature blossomed from there.

So when I met Lisa's editor on Ophelia, Julie Romeis, at an event in San Francisco a few years ago and she told me that Lisa was going to be writing another Shakespeare-based novel, this time about Macbeth, I was extremely excited.

Needless to say, I'm was very happy to see the cover. The book will be released October 13, 2009 (the day after my birthday!). Right now there's not an official synopsis, but if you want to find out more about Lady Macbeth's Daughter you can check out Lisa's website here.

3 comments:

  1. I can't WAIT to read this book! Ophelia was awesome, Lisa Klein is great, hurrah for Lady Macbeth's Daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres going to be a young adult
    of Shakespeares Hamlet by John Marsden it looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I remember, I loved Macbeth in high school.I guess this is like historical fiction ... kind of? Lol, I don't know, but the cover is cute!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...