Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Hush, Hush submerges you into a world where nothing is as it seems and danger lurks behind every turn. Dozens of sub plots are brilliantly interwoven to form a story so captivating you’ll be unable to put it down. Each chapter brings a new twist that you never would’ve seen coming and completely changes your outlook on the events up to that point.

Patch’s character was extremely well written. Like Nora, I felt I couldn't trust him, but still couldn’t seem to suspect him of doing anything horrible. Even when all of the evidence points to his involvement in something sinister I couldn't help but like him.

The beginning of the novel was good, it was full of mystery and suspicion, but I wouldn’t say it was amazing. It wasn’t until the last half that the storyline really picked up and my interest level spiked. Once I hit that point, however, the entire novel improved ten fold and the first part of the novel was transformed from a chain of seemingly odd and unconnected events into brilliant foreshadowing, all leading up to a heart pounding climax.

When I first picked up Hush, Hush I never would’ve guessed that such an intricately woven story laid beneath the gorgeous cover, but that’s exactly what I found.

5 Stars!

If you liked this, you may like… Deadly Little Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm so happy to know that this book is as awesome as it sounds!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm glad you liked Hush, Hush, Chick Lit Teens! I'll post a link to your review on my website today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet jesus, I reallyyyy want to read this.
    I have to pre-order this. >D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading hush but i never got around to read cresendo because i was reaading all the other books that chic lit teens has recomended


    -Sofi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...