Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.


Set in the stunning winter landscape of Minnesota this paranormal romance will take your breath away. Told in alternating points of view, Sam and Grace’s struggle to remain together will captivate readers.

Unlike other werewolf novels, these wolves don’t shift when they get angry or the moon is full, rather with the turn of the weather. This twist not only creates a huge problem for Sam and Grace’s relationship, but also makes the story all the more interesting for readers. The danger of the imminent winter is one that they can’t out run forever, and the knowledge of this gives the novel a spark of suspense.

There are very few books that have been able to bring me to tears; Shiver, however, is one of those books. Because the story is told from both Sam and Grace’s points of view you get to know them both extremely well and watch their relationship develop from both sides. The effect makes it nearly impossible to not be swept up into their story, to the point where you feel every joy and pain that they experience.

Shiver is a fantastic start to what I hope to be an even more brilliant trilogy. I’d highly suggest this book to anyone and everyone. Kudos to Maggie!

5 Stars!

12 comments:

  1. love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I want to read this book so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this book! I love the layout :)

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so great! I can't wait to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't this book amazing!?!? I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally just heard of the book a minute ago and I already dying to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that book!!! Finished reading it last week, made me cry. I never cry at books. Awesome. I loved the way that you were able to see in the mind of Grace and Sam. It was so said when Sam had changed, then Beck,then Olivia, Then it was the three that didn't change. 15 Minutes later, Jack died. Then it was just the two that never changed. That made me blub like a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this book is amazing. I have read it several time, and once I start I can't put it down, I have to finish it.

    It's great how it swaps between Grace and Sam, just to get a feel of their point of view of their love and how they see the world through their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just finished this book, it was really good! Although it felt a little like twilight with werewolves, but i still LOVED it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Loved LOved this book

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved the review and the book....read it just today, borrowing it from my friend....cant wait for 'linger'

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read SHIVER and LINGER they are the best books ever!!!! the end of Linger brought me to tears!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...