Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover... Or Can You?

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover... Or Can You? is a weekly meme in which I share the covers of two upcoming YA novels that I want to read and share my thoughts and opinions of them.

This week I've chosen the covers of two highly anticipated books, both due out Fall 2009.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Release: August 1, 2009

Synopsis: For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

Cover: Ah, simplicity. The ice blue vines intertwined across the stark white background and the silhouette of the wolf (which I'd missed before) is brilliant. The entire thing reminds me of the dead of winter, which is perfect for the book. It's just intricate enough to catch my attention, but not so busy that I'm overwhelmed.

As a bonus this week, I have a book trailer for Shiver that the author, Maggie Stiefvater, put together.


Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Release: October 13, 2009

Synopsis: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Cover: The cover for Hush, Hush is incredibly dynamic. It doesn't look like a book cover, rather a movie poster. The angel falling from the light into the dark clouds, black feather trailing after him, is phenomenal. It suggest a book full of drama, darkness, and struggle. This is definitely one of those books whose cover drew me in.

12 comments:

  1. Both covers are awesome! Omg, how did I miss the wolf silhouette. I see it now but never noticed it before. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I didn't see the wold silhouette until I was doing this post and looking closely at the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I missed the wolf silhouette too! Thanks for sharing that. Now I can point it out to people and feel cool :)

    And I love your description of Hush, Hush's cover - dead on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hush, Hush cover is seriously one of the best covers I've seen in a long time. It's perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the covers for both of these and I can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, there is an award for you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cover for hush hush does look like a movie poster! i love it :) can't wait to read it!

    I'm not a huge fan of the Shiver cover though, it just seems kind of plain to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the cover for Hush Hush! It's amazing

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover for Hush, Hush! It's just perfect. That's a book I might buy just from the cover :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can hardly wait to read both of these books! I just ordered my copy of Shiver and I'm near the top of the list for Hush, Hush at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just noticed that the leaves on the Shiver cover are hearts! How many times have I seen that and not noticed?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...