Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover... Or Can You?

Regular readers may have noticed that I'm no longer writing a quick intro below the covers talking about how great the stories sound and how much I want to read them. I've stopped doing this because I figure that by featuring the covers here you all pretty much know that I'm looking forward to the books' releases.

Now that that's cleared up, here are this week's covers, both due out in 2010:

The Naughty List by Suzanne Young

Release: Feburary 4, 2010

Synopsis: Junior class president Tessa Crimson is the captain of the Smitten Kittens—the Wildcats cheerleading squad. But when Washington High experiences a break-out of make-outs, Tessa and her girls create a secret snooping society to catch the cheaters in the act.

Cover: When I see this cover two words come to mind: flirty and fun. The bright pink blinds are super sweet, while the scene inside is more flirtatious. The slant of the blinds reminds me of a PI office in an old black and white movie, which fits the storyline perfectly. Great cover and a great storyline.

Sea by Heidi R. Kling

Release: August 2010

Synopsis: Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother's accidental disappearance over the Indian ocean three years before, fifteen-year-old California girl Sienna "Sea" Jones reluctantly travels with her father's volunteer team to six-months post-tsunami Indonesia. During her stay at an orphanage, she meets the scarred and soulful, Deni, who is more like Sienna then anyone she has ever met.

She knows they can't be together, so why can't she stay away from him? And what about her old best friend-turned-suddenly-hot Spider who may or may not be waiting for her back home?And why is her psychiatrist father so secretive about her mother's plane crash? The farther she gets from home, the closer she comes to the truth.

And Sea's real adventure begins.

Cover: I fell in love with this cover the first time I saw it. Later on when they made the final changes (more light overhead and a more fluid font) I was even more mesmerized by it. The first thing I think of when I see this cover is an aquarium, especially with the light spilling through the water (gorgeous!). To top it all off the silhouette of the couple, as if they're meeting in secret, ties the whole thing together.

7 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Naughty List. It sounds like a fun, girly read.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Made my morning. I will forward your link on to my art department. =)

    I also love Suzanne's cover. I love how the girl is pinning the boy down in such a playful way--it's a great design and tells a lot about the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh great covers - I especially like the one for Sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books look and sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Naughty List is really cute, I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like these covers too. pink always gets me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...