Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Release: December 1, 2009

There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
At least, that’s what I thought.Turns out, I couldn’t have been more wrong.

There was a curse.
There was a girl. And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she’s struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps, and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town’s oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

Beautiful Creatures was 600 pages of heart pounding adventure, romance, and magic all rolled into one small southern town.

If I had to describe Beautiful Creatures in one word, it’d be jaw-dropping. For a small town, Gatlin sure had a lot of secrets. Even as someone who’s become fairly good at predicting where a novel is going, this book still shocked me. No matter how many secrets were revealed, with each turn of the page I was hit with another revelation. However, as shocking as the secrets were, what was even more surprising was how all of the secrets were connected in one dangerous web.

Fated to be together, but cursed to be apart, Ethan and Lena’s relationship was one of the imaginative romances that I’ve read. With their relationship constantly being tested, it was impossible to stop reading. I had to know what happened to them.

My only complaint was that I felt there were a lot of loose ends left hanging. I hope, fingers crossed, that those loose ends were left there for a reason…perhaps a sequel?

5 Stars!

P.S. How gorgeous is that cover?! It's absolutely breathtaking in person, with the shimmery, ghostly trees.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you liked Beautiful Creatures. And let me formally declare jaw-dropping my favorite word of the day! **cartwheels**

    And yes. I promise to get you the sequel as soon as it comes off the presses...because there is one :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds like an amazing read! I had never heard of it but it'll go immediately to my TBR list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh I am DYING to get a copy of this book! Great review, I can't wait for it to come out!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review! This book sounds awesome.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about this book...I wish I could get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds so great! I wish I could get my hands on a copy like NOW! :P

    Award for you: http://thebookcellarx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok now I've GOT to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...