Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BBAW: Day 2: Interview Swap

Since today is the second day of BBAW it means it's time for my interview swap with the wonderful Marie Burton from the Burton Review.

-----------------------------------------------------

Your blog focuses mainly on Historical Fiction, what is it that drew you to reviewing Historical Fiction?

A co-worker introduced me to this new genre in February 2008 by giving me The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory. I was amazed at the Tudors, and Henry's six wives, and the drama of their realities. I read non-fiction to counter act the 'fiction' part of the genre to help balance the truth for me, but I still primarily read Historical Fiction.

How long have you been blogging?

I wrote my first post in the end of December of 2008 after my father suddenly passed away. It was pure luck that I named my blog The Burton Review, as I had not intended it to be primarily a book blog but that is what it evolved into within a few months.

Who are some of your favorite historical figures?

I will always love the Tudor era, but the actual figures are Anne Boleyn(Henry VIII's second wife) and their daughter, Elizabeth I, who are most inspiring for me right now. Elizabeth overcame much adversity to rule for 45 years at a time when a woman having any power at all was unheard of.

What is your favorite historical period to read about?

I have expanded from the Tudor period (1480-1503) to also enjoy reading the era before that regarding the Plantagenet Era in England. I find the politics intriguing and the mystery surrounding the missing Princes in The Tower even more interesting.

What do you find the most challenging aspect of blogging?

NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY!!

What do you find the easiest?

The participating in other blogs and interacting is the easiest and most fun part for me. I love meeting the new bloggers, especially those that are share my passion for Historical Fiction. There are some new bloggers out there that have fit this bill recently and I am so happy that I am not the newbie anymore! I can share my little technical knowledge when needed and that is fun to do; I enjoy helping everyone who needs it. They are all a wonderful group of bloggers, and to feel a part of that community is very easy and most gratifying!

Do you participate in any special features or memes on your blog? If so, what are they?

I have actually created a special event to coincide with the BBAW week, which is called Historical Fiction Bloggers Round Table. It is going to be filled with blogger interviews and guest author posts and fun giveaways. I have had a lot of help from Ms. Lucy at http://enhantedbyjospehine.blogspot.com/ and with her help I hope that we can make this tons of fun for all! I also participate in the daily memes such as The Sunday Salon, Mailbox Monday, Teaser Tuesdays, either Waiting on Wednesday or Wordless Wednesday, Booking Through Thursday and Friday Fill-In. I personalize my Friday Fill-In a little different then others which makes it fun for my Historical fiction Followers; I turn it into a loyal Riddle where they have to guess who the subject is. I haven't stumped my regulars yet though!

How many books do you read a week?

I typically read one book a week. Most of my books are long such as 400 + pages, and I only get to read at night when the two kids are in bed and I am done taking care of the family.

What is your favorite book and author?

Anna Elliott recently wrote Twilight of Avalon which I really enjoyed, I also read Jean Plaidy, Sharon Penman, and a new-to-me-author Michelle Moran is probably going to be on the list too.It is hard to narrow down one book in specifics but When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman opened up a whole new world to me and was totally awesome, all 784 pages of it!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Marie for taking part in the interview swap and answering my questions! Being a fan of historical fiction, it was super fun looking at her site. If you haven't read her blog before and are interested in historical fiction I'd highly suggest giving it a look.

Also, don't forget to check out The Burton Review to read my side of the interview.

See you all tomorrow for more BBAW fun!

15 comments:

  1. NO responses?? LOL It's ok. Let me just say that, Marie, you are just one of the sweetest bloggers out there, and your intelligence shines through in all of your reviews..
    or... heehee
    Sounded good though.

    Thanks for the fun questions, Jessica, I appreciate you putting up with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen a link to this yet, but I'm glad I found it! Great interview and great answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, I have to agree that the most challenging part of blogging is not having enough time. What I would do if I could dedicate 40 hours a week to blogging! :)

    Also, I agree that the Tudor period is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie,

    I started reading The White Queen. I too am intrigued by what happened to those missing princes.

    BBAW Interview

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great interview! The Tudor period is one of my favorite time periods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Burton,
    I enjoyd your interview and Historical Fiction Bloggers Round Table sounds like so much fun, will go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. More time would be lovely! I always intend to write a ton of posts but then have to do something else. Loved reading your answers, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming by :)
    And Bluestocking is right, the intrigue is endless with some of the British history!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Should've mentioned before.. the direct link to Jessica's Interview at my blog is HERE!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Other Boleyn Girl. And I too wish their were more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview Marie, my Tudor Sister :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Susie, I appreciate every one's comments!!! Thanks Jessica for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading this interview. I read a lot of YA books so I'll be bookmarking your blog. I found you through a link you left on the BBAW site. :)

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading Marie's blog for a while and I love it. She's always introducing me to new historical fiction titles that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Great interview!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...