Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Chick Chat: Jess C Scott

Jess C Scott is the author of Eyeleash: A Blog Novel. For more information on Eyeleash and Jess check out her blog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you always want to be an author? If so why? If not what did you want to be?

Deep down, it’s something I’ve always wanted to be. It’s through writing that I share my thoughts and vision for humanity on the whole. I know it sounds dramatic, but I wouldn’t be spending so much of my life doing something, if I didn’t think it’d be worth it.

Other occupations I’ve considered through my life so far: psychologist, vet, criminologist, environmentalist, hairstylist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, rockstar wannabe...

Is being an author what you expected?

Yes, through and through. Maintaining my sanity is a daily effort on my part.

What was your road to publishing like?

Tiresome. This post has the summarized stats: http://eyeleash.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/blog-novel/

You’re book centers around two teens’ blogs. Are you a blogger yourself? If so, what is your blog about?

I own several blogs, so I guess that makes me a blogger! I usually focus on writing about my ongoing writing/publishing experiences, and content that’s relevant to my book(s).

What inspired you to write EyeLeash?

“A series of unfortunate events” – EyeLeash is a consolidation of fact and fiction. However, I do have a disclaimer on the book’s copyright page...

Most writers have a close friend and/or family member that gives them support and criticism. Do you have anyone like this in your life? If so how have they contributed to your writing?

I think I am my own harshest critic. That being said, I am very grateful to have a small network of very close friends and family members, who are always there to deal with/witness my various “shenanigans”.

Many teens dream of becoming authors. What advice would you give to writing teens?

a) Don’t be afraid to take a stand on something. In my case, I was usually the oddball on the side wondering why I couldn’t just be like everyone else, liking whatever (current, popular fad) everyone else was into.

b) Keep writing; I kept writing through my teenage years (journal entries and poetry – I had no time for anything else).

c) Don’t let negative input/sentiments get you down. That’s detrimental in the long run.

Would you rather see your book turned into a TV show or a movie?

Due to the blog/IM format of the novel, it’d be nice to see how it would transcribe onscreen. I think a four-part TV series, and/or not-too-long movie, would work best.

If you could cast anyone to play your characters what would your dream cast be?

My dream cast would consist of as-yet undiscovered talents. An interesting cast that really understands and enjoys playing the characters, would be more favorable to me, than having a star-studded “instantly recognizable” lineup that’s in it for the money (assuming there’s a significant production budget). I like exploring new ground, so perhaps this is an extension of that trait of mine.

Besides writing and reading what else are you passionate about?

Art, music, and being true to myself. I think a strong self-identity comes in handy when figuring out how to navigate one’s life.

Are you working on anything new? If so, what and when can readers expect to see it in stores?

I am currently working on a young adult series. I give more details once a project is complete ;). The first book might be out by next year, depending on when I’m able to finish it, and/or when I think it’s good to go. Right now, I’m preparing to launch my second novel (a short story collection), so I’ll be Super Busy for the time being.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...