Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

In My Mailbox

Look at me, putting together my In My Mailbox post Sunday morning, aren't I a procrastinator. I'm trying to be better about posting these, but they always seem to slip my mind so bear with me. Anyways, here's what was in my mailbox this week:

Penelope Leland has come to Ireland to study magic and prove to herself that she is as good a witch as her twin sister Persy. But when Niall Keating begins to pay her court, she can't help being distracted from her studies. Especially when she learns that the handsome young nobleman is reputedly an illegitimate cousin of the new young Queen Victoria, her friend and idol, whom her sister saved from an ambitious wizard's control spell the year before.

Niall Keating has strict orders from his sorceress mother Lady Keating: to make young Miss Leland fall in love with him so that she can be convinced to use her magical powers to help reconcile him to his true father, the Duke of Cumberland, Queen Victoria's uncle. Niall is delighted to comply until he discovers his mother's true aim: to assassinate Queen Victoria by magic and put Niall's father on the throne of England.

Penelope is thrilled when Lady Keating reveals her powers and offers to tutor her in magic. But Niall has fallen deeply in love with the lovely young woman. Even if he halts his mother's evil plans, will Penelope be able to forgive him for trying to seduce her into a plot against her beloved queen?

Thanks Kristi (The Story Siren)!

-----------------

Four Little Words Written in Lipstick...
mean Emily must say goodbye to everything she knows. Emily Carson has always been a good girl. So when she throws a party the night her parents leave for vacation, she's sure she'll get busted. What Emily doesn't know is that her parents will never return. That their plane will go down. And the only thing left amidst the wreckage will be a tray table with the words: Emily please forgive me scrawled in lipstick—her mother's last words.

Now it's fall in New York City and Emily's trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life. Her public tragedy captures the attention of more than just the media—and soon two very different boys at her new school are pursuing her: the cute, popular Owen and the quirky chemistry partner slash pastry-baker-by-night, Anthony. But even with such delicious distractions, Emily can't let go of her mother's mysterious apology. Does she have the courage to face the truth?

With help of a whole new kind of family—one that includes a make-up artist to the stars, a teen model, and a wacky hairdresser—Emily must choose between the boy who makes her forget it all, and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately, heal.

Sometimes goodbye is just the beginning.

Thanks again Kristi.

-----------------

I also received Cairo Modern. However, my galley has no cover and I'm unsure about the (old?) description so I don't have anything to post. I'm not sure if this is a reprint of a previous book or new book, but it looks fairly interesting.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've actually just ordered Lipstick Apology! Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some good books this week. Lipstick Apology sounds so good. I need to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 awesome books!!! Can't wait 2 see what u think about them :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love Lipstick Apology! And Betraying Season looks great...I have Bewitching Season on my shelf and can't wait to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO excited for Betraying Season! I hope it's as awesome as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books you got this week. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...