Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Private: Suspicion by Kate Brian

Forbidden fruit...

Reed, Noelle, and former Billings Girls Kiran and Taylor have been living it up on St. Barths over winter break. The tropical sun has melted away all the tensions of last semester, and for the first time in months, Reed is happy. She's got her best friends by her side, she has a palatial suite with an ocean view, and she's landed Upton, the most sought-after guy on the island.

Reed is falling in love.

But dating Upton makes Reed St. Barths' highest-profile guest — and not in a good way. Upton has a dark past, and he's broken a lot of hearts. One of his exes still wants him. And she'll do whatever it takes to get Reed out of the picture.

Despite the fact that this is the tenth book in the series, Kate Brian has found a way to continue to preserve the characters and the story.

I wouldn’t say that this book was one of my favorites though. In my opinion, the books are better when set at Easton. Something about them being at school sets a tone for the books that make everything the Billings Girls do seem all the more glamorous and elusive.

There were many times during the course of this book, as with the rest of the series, when I honestly wondered if Reed had any self-preservation skills whatsoever. I’m starting to believe that she’s not a magnet for trouble at all; she simply walks right into it. Either way, I still enjoyed the book considerably.

In the end, Brian ended the book with yet another one of her notorious curveballs. This book was both an ending and a beginning for Reed, but truly, in terms of the series, it was a transition. It looks like Reed is finally going to start a new chapter in her life, which of course means something horrendous will happen and suck her back in. I can’t wait!

3.75 Stars!

3 comments:

  1. I picked this up the other day, and need to finish it! These books are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like long series, but I'll have to give this one a try.

    I have an award for you! I haven't figured out how to do links in the comment section so below is the link...

    http://bookwormnation.blogspot.com/2009/09/lets-be-friends-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the fact that the books are good, but they are always better when they are set at Easton. It shows how the characters truly act becuase when they are outside of school they try to act all nice for their parents and it just takes away from their characteristics. I also think that reed needs to stop seeing upton and get back with Josh (but of course he would have to dump Ivy frist) reed and josh as a couple just makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...