Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-

One good...

One evil...

Who will prevail?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.

They just know they can't trust each other.

I first fell in love with the Victorian age while reading A Great and Terrible Beauty. The time period is perfect for dark, gothic tales while also being sophisticated and not too oppressive. Although I love the era, I haven’t been able to find many books set in that time. Luckily, I found that in Prophecy of the Sisters.

In addition to the setting, Prophecy of the Sisters has all of the qualities to make a chilling, but beautiful story of the age old struggle between good and evil. The prophecy that binds both Lia and Alice not only provides cause for tension between the sisters, it also creates a puzzle for readers and makes the book hard to put down.

While this book was a great read, I felt that it was setting the stage for a grander story to be told in the next book, Guardian of the Gate. That said, I can’t wait for the next book’s release so I can continue reading about Lia’s quest to end the prophecy.

4 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. I love the era too - and I loved A great and Terrible beauty!
    I can't wait to read this one; it's waiting on my TBR pile, very close to the top though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for the lovely review!

    I *do* think that Guardian of the Gate will be worth the wait...
    :D

    MZ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...