Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Extravaganza: Maggie Stiefvater

To kick off my week-long Birthday Extravaganza I have a quick, but hilarious, interview with Maggie Steifvater. Maggie is the author of Lament, Ballad, and Shiver. For more information on her or her works visit her website.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Describe Ballad in five words or less.
Egotistical bagpiping teen tackles faeries.

What’s one thing you can’t live without while writing?
Music.

Would you rather see Ballad as a movie or TV show?
oooh. TV show a la Buffy.

What is your favorite adjective? Why?
Dark. Because it makes everything sexier. Witness:
1) There was a dark figure on the hill.
2) His expression turned dark.
3) She played a dark tune.
4) The dark duke darkly donned his dark dress to do his deadly dark duty.
See? Sexy.

What song(s) did you listen to the most while writing?
While writing Ballad? I have a playlist (http://m-stiefvater.livejournal.com/128429.html) up on my blog for it: But it's safe to say that I listened to "Leslie's Tune" by Kila on repeat a lot, as well as "Forever Can Be" by Ashes Divide.

If you could meet any fictional character who would it be?
Bran from The Dark is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper. Because he's dark. ;p

-------------------------------------------------

If my review didn't convince you that Ballad is awesome, are you hooked now? Well I hope so because Maggie was generous enough to donate a copy of Ballad! All you have to do to enter is leave a comment here with your name and email by midnight EST on October 24.

Check back tomorrow for another great author and giveaway!

29 comments:

  1. I totally agree - dark makes everything sound much sexier! I've only just started reading Shiver tonight and I'm already in love with her writing, it's so beautiful.

    If this is open to international folk, please enter me!

    Thanks!
    hanging.by.a.moment_@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun 'dark' quote : "All of us are born with a set of instinctive fears - of falling, of the dark, of lobsters, of falling on lobsters in the dark." (Dave Barry).

    Like Brodie, if this is international, I'd love to enter !

    Thank you.
    Charlotte,
    thebookonthehill@hotmail.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe nice interview please count me in!
    Do we have to read Lament before Ballad or it doesn't matter?
    Thanks fr the giveaway!
    tynga85AThotmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how nice of her :D And she's right, dark does make everything sexier. Thanks for the contest!

    book_worm127@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read this! Count me in please
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Dark does make everything better ;)

    I saw Ballad at B&N yesterday... I was thisclose! to buying it. But I'll try my chances here first!

    pancakesthepenguin(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Birthday Extravaganza
    - Kara Cardwell (Cardwellmail@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dark TOTALLY does make everything SO much sexier! Haha! That's fantastically amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to play please! Thanks!

    lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHINEUI PARK. :)

    estherpark10@gmail.com

    hehehe jessica im doing what you told me to do..
    bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    the cover of lament reminds me of macbeth.
    which reminds me of the essay we have to write..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this open internationally? If so, I'd love to enter! Your Birthday extravaganza is awesome.

    Alessandra
    outofblue1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday:) I hope your birthday will be as wonderful as the birthday extravaganza you're holding:) I would love to win Ballad, aahhh!!!
    Thanks alot!

    Sylvia (sylvia_uy4@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun interview!

    MD
    mdfitz85[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeeeeeeeeee ... I love Maggie!

    tehashley(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maggie is awesome! Count me in :D

    Thanks!

    bookreviewsya[AT]yahoo[DOT]com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to be entered to win this. Thanks for the chance. Dark is the new sexy...hmmm :)

    imsosweepy { at } gmail { dot } com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enter me please! I want this book so much!
    Niki Nicole
    s267641(at)nwmissouri(dot)edu

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard alot about this one, count me in! tWarner419@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeeeek! So exciting!

    Great Post. Please count me in.

    cindyc725 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dark does make everything sexier ;) Gotta love the bad boys! haha
    Great giveaway!

    Sara
    sosarora_11(AT)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please add my name!

    Thank you!

    Stephanie
    webgrrrrl[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dark does make everything sexier!!
    I haven't read any of her books but they seem awesome.

    i hope i win the contest.

    soccer_chick.11(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ballad looks beyond amazing. I am dying to read it. Dying. It looks soooo good. ;)

    -Dani
    lightningstreak123@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was a cute interview, I really like the question about the adjective!

    ReplyDelete
  25. forgot my e-mail :p

    jmoose09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. hey enter me!!!!!
    katie
    kzingheim.gazette@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved Lament, can't wait to read Ballad!

    shouldbewritingnow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this author. :)
    Jenna
    sorrowfulgoodbyes.blogspot.com
    big-pink-fish@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enter me please!

    Paradox
    paradoxrevealed (at) aim (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...