Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Birthday Extravaganza: Sarah MacLean

Sarah MacLean is the author of The Season. For more information on Sarah and The Season check out her website and my review of The Season.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Describe The Season in five words or less.

Boys, ball gowns, and murder.

Why the Regency era?

There's something lush and wonderful about the Regency...the fashion, the drama, the rules...they all make for such a powerful, potent combination that sucks you in and keeps you hooked.

What kind of research did you for The Season?

Considering the rate at which I devour books (both fiction and non-fiction) about the Regency, it was no chore to do my own research. I spent more than a few Saturday afternoons in the microfilm room at the New York Public Library reading the Times of London from the Spring and Summer of 1815. I would counsel anyone considering tackling historical fiction to not put pen to paper without reading the newspapers of the time. They're the closest you'll ever get to real life and, if you let your imagination go, you've got dozens of ideas before you've even started.

Would you rather see your book as a movie or TV show?

oooh....good one! I think a TV show! It would be awesome to see my story come to life on the big screen--but it must be way more fun to see what television writers do to keep the characters alive and exciting season after season (obviously, my show would be a HUGE hit).

Who would be your dream cast?

Hmmm...I'm so bad at this. So so so bad at it. Assuming English accents and appropriate ages, Alex: Cameron Diaz, Ella: Kristin Chenoweth, Vivi: Audrey Hepburn, Gavin: Robert Sean Leonard, Freddie: Ed Westwick

Which of your characters do you relate to the most?

Is this the part where I'm supposed to say that I love all my children equally? Wow. This question is hard . . . and makes me actually nervous, as though one of them will overhear and tell the others. But in honor of your birthday, I will tell you. Freddie Stanhope. He's a rake and a cad, yes, but he's also clever and perceptive, and someday, he's going to get his heart stolen in an explosion of awesome. I really can't wait to see that happen.

If you could meet any author (past or present) who would it be?

John Irving. He starts all his books with the last line. WHAT?!? Amazing. Someday I will write a last line of a novel that will rival his. And then I will know I am an author. I also think he's totally dreamy.

What’s next for you?

I actually have three adult romances coming from Avon/HarperCollins next year...I am currently working on the second of the three, but I can tell you about the first! It's a Regency-set romance...the heroine is a 27-year-old spinster who has spent her whole life dreaming of adventure and romance...and finally decides to take matters into her own hands. She makes a list of the 9 things she would do if she didn't have to face society...or the consequences. And then she does them. Oh, and there's a dreamy rake in there, too.

2 comments:

  1. great interview!

    Raelena
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting interview. The Season sounds great (and has a lovely cover, too, which helps).

    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...