Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Former Flame Friday (2)

After a short hiatus due to scheduling conflicts, Former Flame Friday is back!

For those of you who don't know, Former Flame Friday is a semi-weekly feature that takes a look back at my favorite books pre-blogging. Basically, it's a chance for me to be nostalgic.

This week I'm featuring:

Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffy

Meet Jasmine forensic supersleuth and unwitting victim of a naughty feline.

All Jasmine really wants is to enjoy her family vacation in Las Vegas. And avoid her evil cousin Alyson and Alyson's best fiend, Veronique. And show her suspicious dad that she can be a Model Daughter. And maybe meet the hot guy she's been eyeing from across the pool. It that too much to ask?

Apparently, yes. One moment she's an innocent bylounger, the next the central figure in a Las Vegas-sized mystery. Fortunately, Jasmine is both a forensics enthusiast and possessed of some very, well, special friends. Polly, Tom, and Roxy crash the vacation, BeDazzle Jasmine's wardrobe, and find themselves key players in the most outrageous adventure in a town known for outrageous adventures.

All because of a very bad kitty.

I hold this book close to my heart, it is seriously incredible.

This is the book that started it all. I'm fairly sure this was the first YA book I ever read and, honestly, one of the reasons I fell in love with the genre so much. Words cannot describe how awesome this book is.

If you couldn't tell from the synopsis, this book is laugh out loud funny. Michele Jaffe is brilliantly wittty. The entire book is punctuated by her unique brand of humor - the type of randomness that makes you burst out into spontaneous laughter.

What I love most about the book,however, is that it's not just chick lit (which I love!). It's chick lit, meets comedy, meets murder mystery, meets spying, meets teen angst. There are so many random subplots going on in the book, and somehow Jaffe was able to spin them altogether to make a story that's both heart pounding and humorous.

Great characters, great story, great wit - Bad Kitty is an all around win. I'd HIGHLY recommend it and its sequel, Kitty Kitty.

5 stars!

Random Reviewer's Note: My copy of the book is pink, not black. It seems that most of the cover pics are black though. Odd.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds funny. Great meme. There are some incredible older titles.

    Elie (Ellz Readz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks adorable!
    I love Meg Cabot and they're really good friends so I suppose their style must be somewhat similar. It makes me want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I granted you an award, congrats!
    Go to my blog to check it out:
    http://yayreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...