Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Best Books of 2009

Today I'd like to share a few of my favorite books with you. 2009 was a great year full of even greater books. As hard at it was, I was able to narrow it down to my top ten favorites of 2009. Believe me, there are many more great great books, but these are just my personal favorites. Also, there are some books that I've read this year that I honestly believe should be in the running. However, since they're technically 2010 books, I've included them below in a separate category.

So, without further ado, here are my top picks for 2009:

Best Published:

This book was wonderfully written and the main characters were developed beautifully. It is by far my top pick for 2009.

This one may have just come out on Tuesday, but I was lucky enough to get an ARC. As soon as I finished reading I knew that it was automatically on the list. I'd highly suggest reading this, you won't be sorry.

This was another book that I was lucky enough to read in advance. A fellow blogger let me borrow her ARC. Like #2 this one far exceeded my expectations. 600 pages and I still wanted more. I think that says it all.

For a sequel this one was shockingly good. After everything that had happened in The Hunger Games I wouldn't have thought the second book could be that good, and yet it was. A bit rocky at times, but all together a wonderful sequel with great promise for book three.

Mystery, murder and romance all rolled up into the London season during the Regency Era. This book was just too perfect for words. Everything I love in one fantastic book.

The third book in one of my favorite series. Not only did it contain everything that made the first two Gallagher Girl books great, it also set a whole new bar for the rest of the series. With the set up Carter created (and what she's alluded to about book four), there's no question that the coming books will be brilliant.

7. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
It's Sarah Dessen, need I say more?

I enjoyed this book when I first read it. It was right on the cusps of 4.5 and 5 stars. Being nice, I decided to round it up. When I was flipping through the final copy, however, I really fell in love with the story and saw just how great it was. It's chock full of dark romance, mystery and intrigue. A wonderful debut.

As the fourth book in the Books of Bayern series I knew that this book would be on the list. I'm a huge fan of Shannon Hale and the Books of Bayern. What I liked especially about this one was how it wasn't like the other three. The main character and her powers were so different than the other three characters. I greatly enjoyed getting to see Rin grow and gain confidence.

This book was great. It was fun and cute and a great change from most of the fantasy/paranormal and dark romance I read a lot of this year. I loved the mix of modern high school politics and Regency Era, especially how the two crossed over and related. Another great debut and fun read.

Best Read (But Not Yet Published):

I just could not imagine making this list without somehow including this book. It would most likely be one of my top four books. I absolutely loved the story and the characters. As soon as this one comes out in March I'm buying a copy and rereading it. Wonderful!

This is another cute, fun read. In addition to that, however, it was also very empowering and had a great message. The entire book is empowering and fun, a great read for girls - both young and old.

What were your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I've read some, and most of the others are on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED "Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover." Oh, and the fourth book, it has been announced, will be "Only The Good Spy Young."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...