Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover...Or Can You?

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that highlights the beautiful covers of the books on my wish list. This week I have a breathtakingly beautiful cover from New York Times bestselling author, Alyson Noel.

Radiance by Alyson Noel

Release: August 31, 2010

Synopsis: Welcome to the Here and Now

Riley Bloom left her sister, Ever, in the world of the living and crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. Riley and her dog, Buttercup, have been reunited with her parents and are just settling into a nice, relaxing death when she’s summoned before The Council. They let her in on a secret—the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure; Riley has to work. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a curious boy she can’t quite figure out.

Riley, Bodhi, and Buttercup return to earth for her first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But he’s never met Riley. . . .

Cover: I have really enjoyed Alyson Noel's Evermore series and was quite excited to hear that she was going to do a spin off series about Riley, Ever's little sister. Therefore, I was quite excited to see that the book now has a cover, synopsis and release date.

To describe this cover in one word, I'd have to say beautiful. This is probably one of the prettiest middle grade covers I've seen. It looks more like the cover of a Jodi Picoult novel to me than an MG or YA book. The misty white background is both eerie and lovely at the same time and provides a gorgeous contrast to the field of blue flowers blooming along the bottom of the cover. The bridge, just barely visible, completes the cover wonderfully. Another wonderful cover for Alyson.

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to read Evermore as a part of the Read Your Name Challenge, and this one sounds just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Ever is going to be a part of this. Probably not 8(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Jodi Picoult when I saw this too:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for this book. Its very different from the covers in the Evermore series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY this books looks wonderful! Did you see that Dark Flame (Immortals #4) comes out this summer too!(7/6/2010)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a big fan of the Evermore series... I read it, but I am not that fond of it. But I have to say my favorite character in Evermore was Riley so I will definitely have to read this when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this feature! Nice cover. I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...