Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge: February Check In!


Hello everyone!
Can you believe it’s already been a month since we kicked off the 10 in ’10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge? Look at how time flies!
With it now being February, it’s time for the very first check in post of the challenge, which Kay has graciously allowed me to write. Kay and I will be switching off writing check in posts over the course of the challenge, with one post a month. It’s a way for us to keep you up to date on our progress, as well as a way for all of you to let everyone else know how you’ve been doing.
I’ve done pretty well on my challenge thus far. Surprisingly, however, I haven’t actually read many of the books on my list yet. I have started a few of them though. Scones and Sensibility by Lindsay Eland and Wanderlust by Lucy Silag are both sitting on my desk half read, just calling me to finish them. Thus far they’re both very good and I’m looking forward to finishing them up this month. I also just started reading A Match made in High School by Kristin Walker the other day, which I’m looking forward to reading more of.
Most of my progress thus far has been with books outside of my list. I read Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt, which I technically read the last week of December and therefore cannot count towards the challenge. It’s quite unfortunate because I really enjoyed it. I also read The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg, which I’m making an exception for and saying it counts. I was reading this one half in 2009 and half in 2010, so I figure it should just meet the requirement to make my list. Another great book I read that wasn’t on my list was Wish by Alexandra Bullen. I honestly do not understand how this wasn’t on my list to start with. I’ve been waiting for it to come out and it is definitely teen chick lit. Needless to say, it will be added to the list as well.
In addition to reading, Kay and I have also been spending a lot of time putting together a wonderful group of authors for monthly chats and Q&As. Now, I don’t want to spill the beans just yet, but I will say that we have a ton of fabulous authors who, if your lists are any indication, I know you’ll all love. By looking at your lists I already can tell that many of you are excitedly anticipating the release of our first author’s book, which is coming out early March. It’s the fourth in a series about a young Hollywood starlet who just so happens to be moving to New York for her Broadway debut…That’s right everyone, Jen Calonita will be our very first guest!
Details on the chat will be coming later this month, so keep your eyes out for it. If, like me, you loved this series you won’t want to miss it.
To sum it all up, this first month has been fabulous and February has all of the promise to be equally, if not more, awesome (need I mention Heist Society?). Now that I’m done sharing, tell me, what was your month like?
Happy reading!
Jessica
P.S. For all of you who have been writing reviews for your challenge books, feel free to add your links to the Mr. Linky below.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! It's the first challenge post!!!

    I'm off to post my progress on my blog, but I read two completely awesome teen chick lit books in January. My list has grown to nearly 30 books for 10 in '10, so my goal is to read 2-3 per month. Month #1 - check! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read so many books at once. I am thrilled that WANDERLUST is among them. Happy reading!

    Lucy
    www.lucysilag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just linked to my latest 10 in '10 blog! So far I've read two of my ten books. Which is pretty good with a two-year-old running around and two book series to write, I think! Now on to the next!

    Kieran
    http://kieran-scott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only gotten to one of my list books(oh man has my list expanded!) and one that wasn't. The Review I linked to was Forever Princess by Meg Cabot and I read Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman but it was so so. More fab books to come...and I can't wait to open the box full of Heist Society!! YAY!
    Rachael
    www.BookLoveTeen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was excited to see that the first check-in is up and ready to go. Are we only supposed to post reviews from January? I wasn't sure if the link was open for anytime between now and the next check in post or if they will always be for the previous month.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I can't wait to read Wanderlust!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far I have read three out of my ten books and reviewed one, Tangled by Carolyn Mackler. I have a feeling I will be reading more than 10 this year.

    Challenge Post

    Review of Tangled (also in Mr. Linky)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've finished up three of the books I listed for my challenge and am working on the fourth right now. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...