Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that spotlights the cover of a book (or books) on my wishlist. This week I have the cover of the highly anticipated final book in the Hunger Games trilogy.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Release: August 24, 2010 (Yes, I have the date memorized)

Synopsis: The synopsis has unfortunately not been released yet.

Cover: I'm quite torn about this cover. For one thing, I love the blue. However, I also think that the bird looks a bit too computer generated for my liking. The covers in this series have been very iconic, and I think it is wonderful that they have kept with it for the whole series. I respect their need to keep tradition, but I would've preferred if it was a bit less graphic-y looking. Here's what I will say though, I really like how they included the grid-like background once again. With both of the other covers the circle grids and the pin were the main part of the cover. In the first book it was backed simply by a black backdrop, dreary, bleak and hopeless. In the second, they mixed it up a bit, including the layout of the arena behind the pin and adding in a bright red background as tension increased. I really like that now, for the final book, the background color is a little more calm and hopeful and the mockingjay has finally broken from the pin, soaring free. This cover gets all of its points for symbolism.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the blue and silver, but you're 100% right. It's a bit computer-generated looking, not so soft and shiny like the others!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...