Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Need by Carrie Jones

Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - no human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

Need was tantalizing, romantic and suspenseful all at once. There was a huge array of different elements working to the heart of the story at any one moment. Each one presented a different challenge to Zara and increased the reader’s interest, gathering their attention quickly. When I first began to uncover some of these subplots I was a bit worried that it was going to become overdone. When you’re working with so much it can sometimes became a mishmash of odds and ends, something that can pull the reader out of the story rather quickly. It’s important to make the story feel real, despite how unreal the situation might be. Luckily, Jones blended all the elements together wonderfully and quickly wiped away any doubts.

Because of this expert crafting, it was hard to put this book down once I started. With the witty dialogue and Zara’s sarcasm, Need quickly sucked me in. The story moves swiftly from one rising action to the other, twisting and turning to surprises you’d never expect. The progression of the story was excellent and constantly held my attention.

This is a great book for anyone who enjoys paranormal fiction. It has a little bit of everything from the genre, which makes Need pleasing for a wide audience of paranormal fans. I’d highly suggest reading this one.

4 Stars!

P.S. I would also suggest having Captivate on hand, because, like me, you may not want to stop reading once you finish Need.

Source: Purchased

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I've been wanting this one. Glad to hear it has sarcasm, my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely add this one to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to meet you tonight, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this book, I just thought the whole pixie thing came in the plot too early and it was weird for some of the characters to believe in it. Overall, very good but a little too much like Twilight. The second book, Captivate is much better in my opinion. Can't wait until the third book comes out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the part about the characters accepting the pixie theory too easily and taking it too lightly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...