Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that spotlights the brilliant covers of various books on my wishlist. This week I have two dark, brooding covers. 

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Release: October 24, 2010

Synopsis (courtesy of GoodReads.com): Some secrets are life-altering... Others are life-ENDING.

Cover: Let me just start by saying I am a huge fan of these covers and their symbolic covers. As with the previous novel, Beautiful Darkness' cover is hauntingly beautiful. The blue writing is gorgeous and stands out wonderfully against the black background. Similarly, the falling snow (sparkles?) look lovely. They give the cover an enchanted, magical look, which goes along wonderfully with the theme of the novels. Finally, the gate at the bottom is both beautiful and mysterious. I have no idea what the gate represents - a graveyard, mansion, waiting mystery? I'll have to wait to read the book to discover its deeper meaning. For now, I'm happy with its sprawling, elegant mystery. 


Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Release: September 21, 2010

Synopsis (courtest of GoodReads.com): 
Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal. 

Normal is so overrated.

Cover: This cover is dark and mysterious. The dark, churning clouds in the background and the swaying fronds in the forefront all ignite the feeling of a coming storm. It appears as if the scene on the cover is just moments away from a battle. It creates a stormy atmosphere that grabbed my attention right away. I am also a fan of the model's flowy dress that's caught in the wind. The pose would be whimsical if not for the models stubborn stance and the determined look on her face. You can tell just by looking at her that she's not the type of girl to be pushed around and will stand her ground no matter what. This cover is nothing like I expected, but I must say it's quite enticing. I want to read the book even more so now than before I'd seen the cover.

Now that you know what I think, what are your thoughts on these covers?

4 comments:

  1. Paranormalcy sounds interesting! I like the new header. Sorry about not having your book today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think overall Paranormalcy's cover is more alluring, but I'm a sucker for model-less covers. The Beautiful Darkness cover goes really well with Beautiful Creatures, and the font for this series is absolutely gorgeous. Also, when I first heard of Paranormalcy, I imagined a girl who was tough and dressed the part. Definitely didn't imagine a flowing pink taffeta dress. Either way, I'm looking forward to both these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, forgot to mention that I love this feature. Keep it going; it's fun to talk about cover art. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...