Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge: April Check In!

It’s time once again for the 10 in ’10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge check-in post!

It’s now April, which means we’re a third of the way through the challenge. In addition to this, it’s also a very special month for my co-host Kay Cassidy, whose first book The Cinderella Society was released this month. I was lucky enough to read The Cinderella Society last year and absolutely adore it. It’s the epitome of chick lit – fun, flirty, and with a great message. To celebrate her release, Kay will be our featured author this month and we’ll be chatting with her tomorrow (Monday, April 26) at 8:00 pm EST. I hope to see you all there!

Okay, now for a quick update on my reading. This month has been very kind to me in terms of the challenge. I read three of the seventeen titles already on my list and added another, giving me grand total of six books read.

One of the books, The Summer I Turned Pretty, is one I’ve wanted to read for quite awhile and am so happy I had the chance to read it for the challenge. It was fabulous, breathtaking, and wonderfully written! You can read my full (gushing) review of it here. In addition to that I also read Breathing by Cheryl Rene Herbsman, which is another one that has been on my reading list for quite awhile. I was once again pleasantly surprised, finding it to be not only a great chick lit read, but also very deep. Both of these books had great voice and explored the psyches of some great young woman.

My other reads this month include: Runaway by Meg Cabot and Scandal by Kate Brian (a participant in the challenge!). Both of these were the newest installments in some of my favorite series and, surprisingly, they both ended up being some of my favorites of the series.

That’s all the progress I’ve made this month. Now, what about you? Link your reviews and/or check-in posts to the Mr. Linky below.

See you tomorrow evening!




For more information on the 10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge or to sign up, read this post.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I think I might be able to actually make this chat.

    I'm up to 10 chick lit books read for the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked my review for Positively. I also will be reviewing Breathing soon. I also read A Match Made In High School and I'm finishing The Clearing. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reading month, Jessica! See you in chat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only read and reviewed one book for the challenge this month. But I just finished Wish by Alexandra Bullen and will be reviewing that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pleased to say I only have 1 more book to go (Cherry Crush by Cathy Cassidy) until my list is finished, but I'll probably add more later in the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished 10 books, but I am going to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been to yours and Kay's blogs a few times to look for the May check-in, but I have never been able to find it. Can you reply with the link?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...