Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

BEA 2010 Highlight

As BEA winds down today, and we all head home to savor our mountains of books and ice our bruised shoulders, I thought I'd share my highlight of the whole event.

Today, Thursday being the second day the exhibit hall was open, I focused in more on the signings and less so on the booths. The morning was busy, with signings scheduled every half hour.

Leah Cypess, author of Mistwood, was my second signing of the morning, and after her I immediately jumped into the Firelight (Sophie Jordan) line. The line was already pretty hefty, though it was early, and I took my free time to people watch. While doing so I see a thin, pretty girl with curly brown hair. A second later I realized it was Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I was in complete shock -- her 2:30 signing was in large, bold print on my schedule; a do-not-miss-this signing.

As I was typing "Oh. My. Gosh..." into Twitter she suddenly appeared again and got into line behind me. Of course, the fan girl in me couldn't resist. "Are you Jennifer Lynn Barnes?" I asked, practically squealing. Now, I'm normally not one to go fan girl on authors, but this was Jennifer Lynn Barnes!

Her book Golden, being the first book I ever reviewed, was the reason I started my blog. And, if that isn't enough, she published it when she was nineteen AND she goes to Yale. I've also discovered after talking with her on her blog, that she loves Gilmore Girls, Everwood, and tons of other shows that I love. In short, this girl is my hero.

I not only got to say hi, I also got to hang out with her in line, as well as Diana Peterfreund (Rampant). This was by far the coolest thing ever. Even better? Jennifer and Diana both said they'd read and enjoyed my blog.


Best day ever? I think so.

7 comments:

  1. Thats awesome!
    Jennifer Lynn Barnes IS super cool! :)
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky!

    Hope to see you at BBC tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I would have died...I waited all day Wed. to get "Ascendant" signed by Diana Peterfreund. She is amazing (I couldn't help my fangirl moment either and I think I might've freaked her out a little)... I didn't realize Jennifer Lynn Barnes was so young! Wow. Isn't BEA fabulous?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! BEA was so much fun. I'm glad you had a great time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazingly awesome!!! I would have freaked! I'm glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! Love reading everyone's BEA adventures. Wow, Jennifer Lynn Barnes looks so young in that picture! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...