Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge: June Check In!

Hello 10 in ’10 Teen Chick Lit Challengers!

I apologize that this check in post is so late. Time has gotten away from me this month. I’ve been spending every moment of free time reading, and have come across some amazing books. This summer is proving to be excellent for reading.

On that note, let’s get to the purpose of this post. Amongst all of the books I’ve read as of late, I’ve found some great chick lit, many of which were on my 10 in '10 list. Since my last check in, in which I mentioned The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, I’ve had the pleasure of reading the sequel, It’s Not Summer Without You. I will not bore you with my gushing, as you can find all of my thoughts on the book in my recent review. Another sequel I encountered recently was Suzanne Young’s So Many Boys, the second book in The Naughty List series.

This month I read my favorite chick lit read of the year so far, Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter. The Gallagher Girls books have long been some of my favorites, with Ally Carter being one of my favorite authors. This fourth book was simply AMAZING. I cannot put into words how much I enjoyed it. It was shocking, witty, and left me reeling. Writing my review for it will be quite a task for me, but I assure you it will be getting no less than five stars.

As for non-sequels, I read Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (our June 10 in ’10 featured author). It was yet another great book. Like Tera’s other two novels, it was a fun and intriguing chick lit book with a mythological flair. It’s truly the perfect book for reading by the pool. I also read Fixing Delilah Hannaford by Sarah Ockler. This was an unexpected read for me, and had I not won a copy at the Teen Author Carnival, I probably would never have read it. I’m extremely grateful for having won an ARC because I would’ve missed out on a simply marvelous book. I hold it akin to Sarah Dessen – that’s how much I enjoyed it.

Okay, now that you know what I’ve read recently, what have you? Remember to link your reviews in the Mr. Linky below.

Happy reading!

Jessica

3 comments:

  1. I just got ONLY THE GOOD SPY YOUNG from my preorder! Woohoo! I can't wait to read it. I thought I would read a ton in June because it was our first real vacation in years, but I ended up zoning out for most of it. :-)

    I did finally read Dan Brown's THE LOST SYMBOL but, you know, that's not exactly chick lit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read AMY & ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR by Morgan Matson and loved it. I know you reviewed it recently. I laughed AND cried. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've now finished 18 chick lit boosk this year. My favorite I've recently read was Only the Good Spy Young which was absolutely brilliant! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...