Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Book Trailers

Book Trailers bring a book to life. They give you a taste of what the book is about and pull the characters from the page, animating them . More than once I have found myself uninterested in or on the fence about a book, only to have my opinion changed by a book trailer. Sometimes a synopsis just doesn't do a book justice, and that's where book trailers come in.

I've made it one of my goals to do a Book Trailers post at least every other week. I hope that you enjoy these trailers as much as I have, and maybe find a new book to read while you watch.

The trailer below was done by Vania from VLC Productions. I'd been intrigued by Everlasting prior to the seeing the trailer, and discovered an element of the story -- bringing someone back from the dead --that I had not known about prior to watching it.




Everlasting by Angie Frazier

Vania from VLC Productions also made this trailer. Prior to seeing the trailer, I had heard nothing about Infinite Days, and to be honest, I probably never would've even looked at it. However, after seeing the trailer and reading all the lovely things Vania had to say about it, I may give it a shot.





Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

I came across Paranormalcy and Kiersten White via Twitter last year, and have been following her blog ever since. Before seeing the trailer I was intrigued. After seeing it, I am still looking forward to reading it. Overall it is a nicely done trailer that makes piques my interest.




Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Last, but certainly not least, I have the trailer for Michelle Zink's Guardian of the Gate, the second book in the Prophecy of the Sister series. I recently read the book, and absolutely loved it. I am also a big fan of the soundtrack for the books (picked up at BEA). The Guardian of the Gate theme, one of my favorites, plays during the trailer. I hope you enjoy this one!


ETA: I should probably add that Vania from VLC Productions also made this trailer. She is awesome, eh?




Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

What do you think? Any favorites? Anything that caught your attention?

8 comments:

  1. Infinite Days looks AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book trailers. :) Especially if they are simple and done well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everlasting looks soooo goood!! I love VLC trailers, they are my favorites. I think they portray mood and emotion so much better than a lot of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them except the last one really pique my interest, the last one...I'm not sure about, but I'd probably read it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for posting my trailer! you rock so much!

    @Zoefiabear- hahah I like how you think!
    @innermusic- WOW that is the best compliment EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Paranormalcy one. Nice book trailers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...