Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that highlight the dazzling covers of upcoming YA novels.


Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Release: March 15, 2011

Synopsis: The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found. 

When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.


Cover: My initial reaction to this cover was "Ooooh! Pretty!" The pink on black is absolutely stunning. Combined with the fragile elegance of the flower, the cover is all around gorgeous. I'm so happy that they decided to stick with the same idea as the cover of The Body Finder. Even though I've yet to read the book (I'm reading it this week), I've always been a fan of its cover. I do not know the significance of the flowers, but I do know that they are hauntingly beautiful, with a touch of mystery. Their bright blooms on the otherwise inky black backgrounds catch your eye and make you want to know what lies beneath. 

8 comments:

  1. The Body Finder was scrumptious in all its murderous glory! The cover is wonderful as is the one for the sequel. I recently read the teaser synopsis behind the 2nd book and it gave me chills. I think Derting is such an excellent author and does some excellent writing.

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the cover! Both of them are beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I prefer the first cover, but this one is pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the covers for this series. Haven't read the books yet, but I love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful cover. I am really looking forward to reading book two. I hope you enjoy The Body Finder. I thought it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I see a single object (in particular something feminine and delicate) I think of it as the Twilightification of covers. It seems like a lot of YA books are coming out with black covers now. But I guess if that is what sells, right?

    And this one is truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping the design team would stick with the same theme. The cover fot Desires of the Dead looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...