Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

 Release: August 1, 2010

Series: Prophecy of the Sisters

Source: Teen Author Carnival
The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James.

Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing.

It seems that every time I complete one of Michelle Zink’s books I feel as though nothing has happened, and yet so much has happened, such is my affection for them. No matter how much of Lia’s story is told, I simply want more. Upon finishing this installment I found myself immediately desiring the next.

In Guardian of the Gate, Zink introduces a new romantic interest for Lia. And while I liked James, I cannot help but admit I hold Dimitri in higher esteem. He is more lively and mysterious than James, and I am fonder of the dynamic of his and Lia’s relationship. However, I’d be perfectly happy with Lia ending up with either of them. For now, though, I’m content in my pleasure with what Dimitri added to the story, both on his own and through his influence on Lia.

Where Prophecy of the Sisters was very much an introduction of the plot and characters, Guardian of the Gate was a fast-paced adventure. The languid tone and gorgeous writing that so well set the time period in Prophecy of the Sisters is ever present, but the story is far grander. The rising actions were larger, the characters – both old and new – blossomed, and the prophecy grew ever more complex and dangerous. Even with the climax once again being a bit more subtle than I’d normally like, I didn’t much mind this time. If anything, it left me salivating for book three. I simply cannot wait for the conclusion to this most impressive trilogy.

5 stars!

6 comments:

  1. I have POS and still have to read it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review. I really need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished re-reading the first book. I can't wait for the sequel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great review, I really need to read the first one! You've definitely got me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. I found Prophecy of the Sisters intriguing but rather boring. Hearing that Guardians of the Gate is more lively makes me want to keep on reading the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. me as well,,while reading the Prophecy of the sisters i get in touch by the story and starting to find the next book which is the Guardians of the Gate..then i see your blog,makes me more enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...