Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a weekly feature that highlights the dazzling covers of upcoming YA titles on my ever-growing wishlist.

This week, I am very excited to share with you the AMAZING cover of one of my most anticipated reads of 2011 (why yes, I have planned that far) from one of my favorite authors. Drum roll, please...


Ripple by Mandy Hubbard!

Release: August 2011

Synopsis: 
Eighteen year old Lexi Wentworth is cursed. For as long as she can remember, she’s spent every night swimming. If she doesn’t, she’ll regret it—simply walking will be agony, as if she’s stepping on shattered glass. Her body craves the water, demands the water, until she can’t say no.

But it's not the swimming that troubles Lexi. It’s the singing that goes with it.When she turned sixteen, her siren song killed the only boy she's ever loved. Now, she avoids the popular shores of the Pacific in favor of a long forgotten lake up in the mountains, where she can swim and sing in peace, far from the population of her oceanside home.

Until, that is, Troy Mills discovers her lake. He’s new to Lincoln City High, and he doesn’t know about Lexi’s reputation as an ice queen—a reputation she’s carefully cultivated to keep everyone around her safe. He pushes her, talks to her, forces her to dream of what life could be like if she weren’t a siren.

Lexi can’t stop herself from warming to him, from falling for him. Soon, he’s demanding answers, following her to the lake, unknowingly risking his life. How can she keep him safe when the one thing she wants most--to hold him close-- will endanger his life?

Cover: Eeek! I have been looking forward to this book ever since I first heard about it on Mandy's blog (this was before it's sale). There are so many things to love (a) it's by Mandy, who is one of the first authors I ever talked with after starting my blog, (b) it's about a mermaid and now, (c) it has a freaking awesome cover!

As soon as I saw this cover I fell in love. The colors are absolutely stunning. The storm clouds gathering at the top of it give the cover a moody, intense feel and the bright pop of blue from the water, fading into the clouds, is gorgeous. The colors contrast fabulously, making the whole cover eye-catching. And if that were not enough, the positioning of the models only adds to the mysterious turmoil exuding from this cover. I particularly like the look of wonder in the girls eyes, as if she can't quite believe the guy is there. It's a great depiction of the story. Finally, the faint hint of scales blooming just beneath the hem of the girl's dress is brilliant. This is one of those covers that grabs you the minute you see it; one of my favorites for sure.

5 comments:

  1. One of my favorite covers too!!!! I adore it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cover is GORGEOUS! The book sounds good too, off to add it to my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story sounds simply enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to read this and this is the first time i've seen the cover. IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really thought about reading it. Probably since the whole "siren" thing doesn't really appeal, but I figure I might as well try it now. =)
    I agree, the cover is amazing! The water in the background and the clouds above the water have wonderfully crafted colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...