Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a weekly feature that spotlights the dazzling covers of upcoming YA novels. All of the featured covers are from my ever-growing wishlist of books. I hope you enjoy their covers as much as I do!

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

Release: December 15, 2010

Synopsis:
Things in Delilah Hannaford's life have a tendency to fall apart. She used to be a good student, but she can't seem to keep it together anymore. Her "boyfriend" isn't much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition.

Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family's painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?

Rich with emotion, Sarah Ockler delivers a powerful story of family, love, and self-discovery.

Cover: I read an ARC of this wonderful book over the summer, after acquiring a copy at the Teen Author Carnival in NYC. The ARC cover was pretty enough, and up until a few days ago I'd been under the impression that it was the final cover. So, you can imagine my surprise when I saw that it was not in fact the cover and that they'd just revealed the new one. And while I liked the old one, I must say this one will appeal better to teens.

The ARC cover was a bit drab -- muted colors, sparse, simple-but-pretty design. I definitely think that the rich greens and fun paper dolls will catch teens attention better, which is a good thing because this book absolutely deserves to be read. Seriously, it is awesome. I also think that the paper dolls do a nice job of representing the story. The patched together doll in the center, along with the line beneath it, play right to the heart of this novel. My only concern is that it may be a tad too bright and colorful, making it look more middle grade than YA. Though that could just be me. Overall, I'd have to say I like this cover. It's not one of my favorites, but it will definitely catch your eye in stores.

5 comments:

  1. Next to twenty boy summer, I like that the title fonts are similar/the same. But the style and photo give a different impression of their respective books. I saw the ARC cover, since it's at the back of my paperback copy of 20Boy... I think I like this one better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this cover as well. It's a really cool concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book--I like the cover a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have an award for you! http://book-mac13.blogspot.com/2010/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this cover as well! I have to confess that I am easily drawn in by bright covers. I think you're right that this does have a bit of a middle grade feel, but it still seems fairly symbolic, and I think that will resonate with older audiences.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...