Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Book Trailers

Book Trailers bring a book to life. They give you a taste of what the book is about and pull the characters from the page, animating them . More than once I have found myself uninterested in or on the fence about a book, only to have my opinion changed by a book trailer. Sometimes a synopsis just doesn't do a book justice, and that's where book trailers come in.

I've made it one of my goals to do a Book Trailers post at least every other week. I hope that you enjoy these trailers as much as I have, and maybe find a new book to read while you watch.

Hate me if you will, but I've never read anything by Cassandra Claire. Despite everyone's apparent love of her books, they've just never appealed to me. However, I ended up with two ARCs of Clockwork Angel from Simon & Schuster (yes, go ahead and hate me more). I'll be giving one away soon, but after seeing this trailer from VLC Productions, I'm thinking I may read the other ARC. This trailer does an excellent job of mixing live-action with animation. It's very different from Vania's other trailers, though I do still like it.



Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Claire


These next two trailers are both for Lisa Desrochers' Personal Demons. They are two of three teaser trailers done by Vania from VLC Productions. I met Lisa while at Heidi R. Kling's Sea launch, and was interested when she told me about her book. Now that I've seen Vania's trailers, I'm even more interested. Even though these are just quick snapshots of the characters, I feel that Vania did an excelled job of capturing them. They've definitely piqued my interest.

Gabe from Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers


Luc from Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

One word: creepy! Brenna Yovanoff's The Replacement is a book that I've been both intrigued by and afraid of ever since hearing about it. The cover supported this, and now so does the book trailer. All of this can only mean one thin: I'm probably going to read it and end up loving it. 

The Replacement by Brenna Yovonaff

I absolutely adore this book! After reading an ARC from BEA, I've fallen in love with the series. However, I'll save my raving for my upcoming review. As for the trailer, it may be simple, but I still think it's a nice representation of the book. Although, I do wish they'd included some photography or live-action. 

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

This is another one of those books I am on the fence about. However, I enjoyed watching this trailer and it's made me want to read the book. I like the combination of music and text, along with the other elements. The colors in this trailer are especially pretty. 

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto


That's all for now! I hope you found something new to read (or add to your wishlist of books). 

P.S. If you've come across a trailer recently and don't see it featured, please tell me about it in the comments. I'm always looking for more trailers!

5 comments:

  1. Those are all great trailers! I especially like the one for Halo.

    I'm not going to hate you, but you MUST read some of Cassandra Clare's books! They are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including the Personal Demons trailers! Vania is working on Frannie and we'll debut that one soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I love book trailers. A few have been the main reason I have purchased a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome trailers .............
    I wish to buy all the books after watching these trailers.
    Thanks for sharing trailers........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Halo and it was simiply AMAZING!! And that trailer totally fits it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...