Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Cover Judge

Despite my being insanely busy lately, I have not forgotten about my Cover Judge posts. I may not have been able to write one in a while, but I have been keeping track of the recent cover reveals. There have been SO many gorgeous covers lately! Here is one of my absolute favorites (just released today):

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Release: July 12, 2011

Synopsis:
Betrayal, loss, pain, fear. How many trials can love endure and still survive?
Cover: To start, let me just say YAY! I was so excited (and surprised) to see that the cover for Wolfsbane was revealed today. If you've read my review, you know that I absolutely loved, loved, loved the first book in this series, Nightshade. You also know that the gorgeous cover is what initially caught my eye. Though that won't be the case this time -- I'm already dying to read Wolfsbane -- the cover is once again dazzling. The greens and yellows of the background are enchanting. Their bright hues really pop when juxtaposed with the model's pale face (made to look like Cala, I assume). As with the first book, the model has been dusted with some kind of luminescent powder to give her an ethereal  look. When combined with the fierce yellow eyes, she looks absolutely breathtaking. She's practically daring you to read the book. And, of course, the drop of blood dripping from the "f" in Wolfsbane was a great touch. Another great cover for a great series!

ETA: Something I forgot to point out is how happy I am to see nature playing a role in the cover once again. In Nightshade, the model was holding a gorgeous bunch of cala lillies that contributed to the beauty of the cover. Now, vines accented with dainty yellow leaves criss-cross her face. Being a wolf, nature plays a big role in Cala's life and it's nice to see that it also has a place on the covers.

6 comments:

  1. holy YA! covers keep getting better and better...this is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this cover!
    Her eyes are SO amazing!
    I was already DYING to read Nightshade, that cover only improved it! *________*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cover! I love that it is green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I agree with all of your comments on this cover. I have to say I might even prefer this cover, just because the model looks a tiny bit more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    I like this cover better than the first one. (Green is one of my favourite colours on books.) This is not a series I'm keen on, but you're absolutely right that there's a dare in the model's eyes that is just short of irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this cover ~
    Can't wait to read it. :]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...