Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

I know many of you have probably been wondering where I am. While I am not the most consistent blogger, I almost always post at least once a week. Lately, however, I have been going long stretches of time without blogging. It is not because I haven't been interested in blogging, it is because I have been busy with blog-related events.

If that is too vague for you, here is what I have been up to:

Reading. 



In the last few weeks I have had the pleasure of reading many great titles. My free time has been limited, so reading has taken precedence. This is one of the reason for my blogging absence: if it comes down to blogging or reading, I will choose reading 99% of the time. I mean, if I didn't, what would I have to blog about?  Right now I am working on the reviews for the titles above, as well as many others. Keep an eye out for them!

Traveling.

I have traveled to the Bay Area/Palo Alto area twice in the last few months for some fabulous author signings. These have long been on of my favorite things, and I have been attending Not Your Mother's Book Club longer than I have been blogging. I also recently discovered Kepler's, which is a charming bookstore near Stanford (my dream school).

Both signings were tons of fun and, while I can't do a full write up for them both, I wanted to share some pics and memories.

First off, I traveled to the ever-lovely Palo Alto for Bree Despain's signing to celebrate the release of The Lost Saint. It also so happened that the day of the signing was also Bree's birthday. So, naturally, we all got cake and signed a card for Bree.

Bree gave a beautiful reading and an inspiring talk on what she went through while writing The Lost Saint. After hearing her talk, I love The Dark Divine and The Lost Saint even more.


The second signing was a Valentine's Day party at Books Inc. in San Francisco and featured three authors: Susan Selfors, Cathleen Daly and Elizabeth Eulberg. It took a bit of finagling to get there, but, in the end, I was super happy to have gone. All three authors were fun and funny in their own way. Even better, the girls at Not Your Mother's Book Club had special cupcakes made to match each book cover.



Unfortunately, I wasn't able to snap a picture of the Prom and Prejudice cupcake. It was very cute though!

Elizabeth Eulberg and me
Susan Selfors and me
Filming.


That's right, I said filming, as in TV. About a month ago, I traveled to LA to film a short segment for Young Icons on my blogging and how books have changed my life. The episode featuring my segment will be airing on Saturday, March 5 on different stations around the US. It was an...interesting experience. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast. I just will never look at TV or film stars the same way ever again. It is long, hard work!

Now, that's all I'm going to say for now, as I will be devoting a blog post about my experience closer to the air date. In that post I will hopefully have some channel listings for you. Please keep in mind that, since the show is syndicated, it plays on a lot of different stations at different times. I will do my best to find the info for major cities, but just know that the air date is set for March 5, no matter the channel.


Thanks for reading! Keep an eye out for more blog posts coming soon!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been busy..
    And know it all to well, the periods when you are not able to blogg every day.. Everyone has them :)
    And sure. You have to read ;) to have something to blogg about :D True True.. Looking forward to read your reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish I lived in NorCal! Looks like a bunch of amazing events were happening! :)

    Glad to hear you've been busy doing awesome things! I can't wait to hear more about your filming experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! An interview! You go girl! Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been having fun! I'm glad you're back and I'm excited to hear about the books you've been reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I'm going to have to add San Fran to my list of travels, which I will be partaking in the coming years of my life.

    http://sandrasbookclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in LOVE with the cover of WITHER. Will you be doing a review? I'm so excited about the book and this is the first I've ever heard of it! Talk about a fabulous marketing package.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have seen this site on young icons and logged on ever since then before i read or purchase a book i check the site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...