Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cover Judge

A semi-weekly feature, Cover Judge puts the spotlight on some of the most recent and, in my opinion, most beautiful covers of upcoming YA novels. Enjoy!




The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Release: September 27, 2011

Summary:
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.

Cover: Um..wow. I'm not really sure where to begin with this book. The summary alone already has me captivated. It's mysterious and eerie and just a tad bit sinister. In just a few sentences, Hodkin has me hooked. And as if that was not enough, the cover is equally marvelous. Didn't I mention something about eerie earlier? Well, hello, eerie! The underwater shot is fabulous. I know a lot of covers have recently begun to feature underwater photos, but I don't much care. I am sucker for the effect the water has, making everything appear graceful and beautiful. What I really love, though, is how the male figure is wrapped around the female figure (Mara). Is he pulling her up, saving her? Or is he dragging her under? Either way, she doesn't much seem to care. She just floats there in serene elegance. The contrast of the two figures definitely adds to the mysterious tone of the summary, along with the inky black water. With a cover like this, I'm sure The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer will be impossible to resist.

1 comment:

  1. I read an ARC of this and it was okay. Some people are raving about it, but I found it mediocre. What I actually like about the cover is the girl's dress. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...