Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Book Trailers

I'm very excited to be posting another round of book trailers. I am of the belief that book trailers can change a person's opinion on an upcoming book and, hopefully, convince them to give it a shot. After all, it's happened often enough to me. 


The reason for this, I believe, is that book trailers bring a book and its characters to life in a way a simple summary never can. Thus, book trailers can be a great way to find new books and/or decide whether or not you want to read a book.


This week I have a batch of book trailers that caught my attention, even though I had not originally intended to read the books they feature. Hopefully they'll win you over as well!


The first book trailer I have is for Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz. Though I've never read any of her books, I have heard great things about her debut novel Break. I hadn't really thought about reading Invincible Summer, but after this trailer I think I may be picking up a copy. The concept of the book spanning four summers really intrigues me. From the book trailer alone I know those summers will be full of drama, both of the family and girl variety. Plus I love the closing line, "I don't want my story to be about her." Hello, angst! I must admit, I really want to read this book now.





This next trailer is for Katie Alender's newest book, From Bad to Cursed. This is the sequel to Bad Girls Don't Die, which I reviewed back when it first came out. I thought the book was so-so, though it definitely delivered in creepiness, and didn't really plan on reading From Bad to Cursed. And then saw the book trailer...now I'm thinking I may actually read it. This is one of the better book trailers I've seen. From the actress to the set, the eerie music to the creepy surprise at the end, the trailer does a great job of capturing the creepiness of the Sunshine Club, all while making the viewer want to find out more. 





Jessica Brody has earned a reputation for having great book trailers ever since the trailer for Karma Club premiered. My Life Undecided's trailer once again meets these expectations. It's fun and endearing  from the get go, though a little corny at the end. The one thing I didn't like is that I feel the trailer gave away a lot. I would've preferred if they'd saved some of the plot developments and back stories for the readers to find out themselves when they read the book. I also think the cover and the trailer don't match up. The trailer has a very fun, youthful (almost middle grade) feel, but the cover they show at the end seems much more like a teen book. This is a prime example of why book trailers can be beneficial. Had it not been for the fun trailer, I probably would've overlooked the lackluster cover. Issues aside, I think I'll probably still give this book a try.




That's all I have for now! What book trailers have you been watching lately?

1 comment:

  1. I have Trailer Tuesday every week with my students. They LOVE it! A book they weren't real interested in when I book talked it - a trailer can grab them better. It's very very fun. I know some people are realy excited by them, but for me they are great, and I completely agree that they can grab a reader and make them want to read the book in a way the summary can't.

    Thanks for sharing these!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...