Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that spotlights and discusses the covers of upcoming YA novels. Because, even though they say not to, it's hard not to judge a book by its cover.

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Release: February 21, 2012

Summary:
Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is. In the final installment of the Nightshade trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Andrea Cremer creates a novel with twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat until its final pages. A dynamic end to this breathtaking trilogy.

Cover: While I love this series and am looking forward to Bloodrose, I am not a fan of this cover. At all. Honestly, I am not all that pleased with any of the series' new covers. I will admit that Nightshade and Wolfsbane's new covers both look a lot nicer in person than they did online. I've actually grown to like them, though I still prefer the original covers. I really hope the same rule will apply to Bloodrose because, as of right now, I am rather concerned. I mean, really, is that model not creepy? The angle of the picture is just so awkward. It makes her look like she doesn't have any pupils or irises. Yes, I know she's supposed to be looking over her shoulder, but unless I really focus, she just looks possessed. And the red background doesn't do much to help the demonic look...

5 comments:

  1. I definitely liked the original covers. The cover of Nightshade was the main reason I read it even... I don't know why they changed them? I think these new covers make the books look more dark and almost like "vampire books".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like it all that much either, I thought the same exact thing about her eyes. Creepyyy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the covers in this series. I loved the originals for Nightshade and Wolfsbane but the new ones don't look all that good to me.

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish they'd go back to the original covers for this series. I'm not a fan of her eyes either.

    I hadn't noticed how the red makes her look possessed but now that you mention it, I totally see it. So creepy. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree. I LOVED the original covers. I'd be embarrassed to be seen with the new ones and they give a completely different feel to the books as well.

    I love the new look of your blog, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...