Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Release: July 26, 2011

Others in the Series: Nightshade

Source: Purchased
When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she’s certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer—one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack—and the man—she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.
I was very surprised at how fast I read Wolfsbane. I kept thinking I’d only read a few pages, only to discover that I’d really read twenty. So much happened so fast, and I ended up tearing right through the book.

Often, I would finish reading a hundred pages only to realize that all of the events I’d just read about had happened in a mere matter of hours. Calla’s world was constantly changing. In fact, when I finished reading, I was shocked to realize that the entire book only spanned, at most, three days. As far as stories go, that’s not a lot of time, and yet Calla’s life at the end was completely unrecognizable from the beginning of the novel.

The short time period was both a good and bad thing. The first book, Nightshade, spanned nearly three months, giving Calla, the other characters, and the story the breadth to grow incredibly complex. With Wolfsbane, everything came fast, in rapid succession, giving me – and the characters – little time to digest what had just happened before the next revelation came. Yes, I couldn’t put it down, but at the same time I felt like I lost a lot of the depth and raw emotion that made me fall in love with Calla’s story in the first place.

In essence, Wolfsbane is a transition: lots of quick development and the introduction of the new characters and plots that will be instrumental in Bloodrose. And while the new characters may not have had as much time to develop as the originals, I think I may actually love them more. With everything moving so fast, the new characters had to have strong personalities to keep them from getting lost in the flurry of events. The Searchers were funny, witty, and utterly enchanting. They truly made Wolfsbane shine.

Even with its swift pace, I felt Wolfsbane was a great continuation of the fabulous story Cremer began in Nightshade. I cannot wait to see how Calla’s story ends in Bloodrose!

4.5 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. I am in the midle of this one and it feels like I am reading it so fast!
    to know more about how I feel got to my blog to read my review of wolfbane up in two days!!
    Http://www.daydreamerN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love Wolfsbane so much. I agree with you about the timing. I emerged from the book and was kind of shocked that so much had happened in a short time. But I think between Wolfsbane and Nightshade, Bloodrose is going to be outta control amazing. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...