Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday, book bloggers all over the blogosphere post a top ten list in response to a topic chosen by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is " Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me."

Let me just say that this is the perfect topic for me. Last year was insane school-wise and I fell way behind on my reading. I'm still playing catch up to read all of the books "everyone has read." Here are my top ten (in no particular order):

1. The Iron King by Julia Kagawa
I have had this book on my shelf since its release when Erica from The Book Cellar basically told me I had to read it. I think I got about twenty pages in before school took over. Ever since, Erica and other bloggers have been needling me to finish it. This is one of those books that I truly feel as though everyone has read it but me.

2. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
So many people (my sister included) have raved about this book to me. Yet, for some reason or another, I still haven't read it. Maybe someday...

3. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
My sister and best friend read this years ago. They both loved it and told me to read it, but I just never got around to it. Recently I've been hearing more and more talk about it in the blogosphere and from other teens at my school. I used to think it was just a book my sister and friend liked, but now I'm starting to feel like everyone has read it. I really need to dig Jenna's copy out of our garage!

4. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
People always look at me wide-eyed when I say I haven't read this one. Probably because I am now a high school senior and Cather in the Rye is usually required reading for juniors. My teacher, however, can't stand Holden and decided not to teach it. Everyone I know who's read it, however,  loves him. As soon as I have some free time again, I'm definitely picking up this one.

5. Anything by Cassie Claire
No, I haven't read any of her book. No, I don't plan on it. There just not my thing, sorry.

6. Anything by Scott Westerfield
Again, this is one of those wildly popular authors whose books most YA fans have read and loved. When I was in middle school, I had a number of people pitch Uglies to me. I'm fairly sure all of my friends read it. The books just never really appealed to me though. Sorry.

7. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
This is another one of those books that was wildly popular in middle school. I kind of did my own thing in middle school as far as reading goes, hence my starting my blog. Maybe one day I'll go back and read this series, but it don't see that happening anytime soon. They're huge and my free time is little.

8. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
Like I said, I didn't really read the standard childhood books growing up. I just read Harry Potter this past summer.

9. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
I've never read anything by Pearce, but I really want to! I've heard so many rave reviews about this one.

10. Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
I met Lisa a few summers ago at Heidi R Kling's release party for Sea where she told me about her upcoming release. A few weeks later it exploded in the blogosphere. The amount of buzz was insane. People loved it. I have copy in my room right now, but I just haven't gotten around to reading it.

Now it's your turn. What books do you feel like everyone has read but you?

9 comments:

  1. I've read number 3 & 4 on your list, but not any of the others. I do feel out of the loop on those books. I haven't read Linger or the other books in that series, and it seems like everyone else has! I even own the ARC, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iron King and Hatchet are two of my favorites- I hope you get around to reading them soon. I've been meaning to read Eragon and I probably should since my students LOVE that series. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I could read them all. You have a few on your list that were on my list. Sisters Red just came in the mail from Jackson. She sent me the UK release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Yay for someone else who hasn't read Perfect Chemistry - I'm not alone! ;)

    13RW is a must read, you should definitely try to read it sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would recommend listening to 13 Reasons Why ... there are the two narrators (which I love when the POV changes), and Asher's wife, at the very end of the recording, sings a song that was mentioned during the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read some of these either and I like your honesty (some people don't openly admit that they disliked a widely popular author).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read some of these books but one two and four i've read reviews from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Iron Fey and Perfect Chemistry series are on my list as well! I really disliked the Uglies series. It just seemed to get worse and worse as the series went along. I'm really sad to hear that you won't even give Cassandra Clare a shot, because I really like the Infernal Devices as well as the Mortal Instruments. But some books are just not people's tastes. Nice list!

    Sophia
    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must read Personal Demons! I picked it up off the bookshelf having never heard of it, and now it is one of my favorites! It's worth taking the time to read. Perfect Chemistry is the same! (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...