Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Books I Want To Reread

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Booksish. Every week, bloggers around the blogosphere post their top ten list in response to a prompt. This week, the the theme is Top Ten Books I Want To Reread (which, I'd like to add, is perfect for me!).

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I think I've gushed over this book enough. I love it, the end.

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Jane Austen is my favorite author of all time, and Pride and Prejudice is by far my favorite of her novels. Everything about it is simply lovely. It makes me sad that I haven't found time to reread it in over a year and a half. Next school break, I will most definitely be curling up with this one.

3. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Oh, Forever, how I love you so. Over the course of the series, I slowly grew to love all of the characters. In Shiver, I was unsure of Isabel. In Linger, I started liking her more, but wasn't a big fan of Cole. In Forever, I loved all of them, and it made me love this book all the more. I want to reread Forever simply to spend more time with these wonderful characters. I miss them!

4. The entire Summer series by Jenny Han
Another book with lovely characters! Not to mention one of the best atmospheres in YA! I adore these books. The writing is so beautiful and poignant, I just get lost in it.

5. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
The plot in this book is fabulous. The interludes from the murderer/pedophile's point of view were completely chilling. Plus there's the romance. Jay is so swoon-worthy.

6. Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
It's been a few years since I first read Fixing Delilah. I'm sad to admit that I don't remember a great deal of the plot's specifics. I just remember falling in love with everything about it. This is another book I'm going to have to reread next time I get some free time.

7. Sea by Heidi R. Kling
Ah, Sea! I am head-over-heels in love with this book. Anytime I see orange Converse, sea turtles, hear of a natural disaster - anything really - I immediately want to reread Sea.

8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
With the upcoming movie adaption, The Hunger Games is everywhere. Magazine covers, the MTV music awards, local libraries, Twitter - the series is hot, hot, hot. Having not read the book in at least three years, all the hype has made me want to pick up the book again and refresh my memory. 

9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
For one reason or another, this book came up in my AP Language class today. As soon as I heard "Gatsby," my intense love for The Great Gatsby came flooding back. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of it (I blame junior English), but I simply adore it. 

10. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
I read this one in sixth grade for Readers Workshop. Seeing as that was nearly six years ago, I definitely think it's time for a little refresher. All I remember is the adorable little girl and a great deal of mystery. Oh, and how I carried the book around with me for days, reading whenever I got a chance because I had to find out what happened.

What books do you want to reread?

4 comments:

  1. I want to re-read The Hunger Games too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread Pride and Prejudice at least once a year and watch the movie much more often! and SEA Oh lovely Sea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another often rereader of Pride & Prejudice - and of Persuasion which is my favourite. Austen lives up to rereads so well! Everything is still as lovely as the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great books on your list! I have loved the Summer series, Forever, Fixing Delilah and Anna and the French Kiss and I can absolutely see why you'd want to reread them. I probably will some time in the future, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...