Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cover Judge

Cover Judge is a semi-weekly feature that spotlights the gorgeous covers of upcoming YA novels. This week, I'm returning to a normal Cover Judge post as I gear up for another new twist on the feature next week.




The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell


Release: November 8, 2011

Synopsis:
Sandinista Jones is a high school senior with a punk rock name and a broken heart. The death of her single mother has left Sandinista alone in the world, subject to the random vulnerability of everyday life. When the school system lets her down, her grief and instability intensify, and she ponders a violent act of revenge.

Still, in the midst of her crisis, she gets a job at The Pale Circus, a funky vintage clothing shop, and finds friendship and camaraderie with her coworker, a boy struggling with his own secrets.

Even as Sandinista sees the failures of those with power and authority, she's offered the chance to survive through the redemptive power of friendship. Now she must choose between faith and forgiveness or violence and vengeance.

Cover: This is one of those books that I absolutely judged by its cover. To be honest, I'm not sure if the summary alone would have grabbed my interest. While intriguing, it is not the kind of book I regularly pick up. But the cover...oh, the cover! I am a huge fan of romantic-looking photographs. In fact, I frequently Facebook stalk a local photographer that is brilliant at taking such pictures, including my senior portraits. This cover has it all, as far as my tastes are concerned. The soft lighting and colors are already gorgeous, but what really catches my eye is the image as a whole. It feels as though the photographer has captured a single moment in time, the girl staring out of the window looking both thoughtful and lost. She seems to be self-contained, wrapped up in her own world. Accompanied with the summary and the realization of what the young girl is going through, the image becomes all the more enchanting (and a bit eerie). I'd probably buy this novel just to own such a gorgeous cover!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is a gorgeous cover. The lightning is just so elegant. Like you, not sure if the synopsis is enough to grab me, but the cover definitely demands at least a second look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...