Congratulations!
You have successfully found Chick Lit Teens, a blog established in 2008 with the commitment to helping readers find new, enthralling titles in young adult fiction. If you are an old fan of the blog, please note the URL change to www.chicklitteens
.blogspot.com. If you are a new reader, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the plethora of reviews, interviews, and more waiting to be explore.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

October Commenter Contest

How is it already October?! It cannot be October already. That means my birthday is in less than two weeks and my Stanford application is due in less than a month. Crazy!

October also means it's time for me to announce the winner of last month's commenter contest and begin the contest for this month. So, without further ado, the winner of an ARC of Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare and an Infernal Devices journal is...


Congratulations! I'll be sending you an email in a bit so I can get all your mailing info. (Note: If you're waiting on any prizes from me, I'm making a run to the post office later this week.)

In honor of Halloween, this month's prize is a haunting paranormal read:


Deception by Lee Nichols
When Emma Vaile's parents leave on mysterious business trip, it gives her the perfect excuse to be a rebellious teen. Throw some parties, get a tattoo (or maybe just a piercing), and enjoy the first few weeks of her junior year. Then her best friend stops talking to her, the cops crash her party, and Emma finds herself in the hands of a new guardian—her college-age "knight in J.Crew armor," Bennett Stern—and on a plane to his museum-like mansion in New England.

After enrolling at Thatcher Academy, Emma settles in by making friends with the popular legacy crowd. But she can't shake the strange visions that are haunting her. She has memories of Thatcher she can't explain, as if she's returning home to a place she's never been. Emma doesn't trust anyone anymore—except maybe Bennett. But he's about to reveal a ghostly secret to Emma. One that will explain the visions . . . and make Emma fear for her life.
Entering to win is simple: just comment! Any thoughtful comment on a post from October will count as one entry. (Note the word thoughtful. This means comments like "Nice review. I'll have to add it to my TBR pile," "I like this cover," "New follower," or "Great review. I just started my own blog. Please check it out!" will not count.)

As with  my previous commenter contest, this one will be open internationally. I know I have a lot of readers abroad, and I want to make sure you know I appreciate you too. Also, make sure that when you comment you are either logged in to your Google account or leave your email. Otherwise I'll have no way of getting in contact with you should you win.

Phew. That's all of the fine print. Good luck!

P.S. I'd like to give credit to Emily's Reading Room, where I first saw this idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hm. Favorite paranormal creature. Definitely werewolves (the agonizing full moon shifting ones), with fey in a very close second.
    Thanks so much for the giveaway! I really want this one!
    divorce papers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...